PDA

View Full Version : Unique noise in hierachies

Creature
10-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Does anybody know how I could have objects in a hierachy jump up and down their y-position randomly but not all the same but each object with a different "random".

What I have is the hierachy:

+ Null
-- Light
-- Light
-- Light
-- .. and a lot more lights

On the Null I have got an Xpresso Tag with a Hierachy-Iterator which finds my lights all-right and cicles through them. Then there is an Object-Node hooked to this which takes over the object delivered by the hierachy-iterator. In the y-position input is a noise.

I knew and expected that all lights are moving up and down in the same pattern, because they are all controlled by the same noise. What I dont know is how I could get the lights to go up and down not simultaniously but every one with its "own" noise.

Per-Anders
10-08-2006, 02:37 AM
Yup there's a heap fo ways to do this. FIrst one woudl be to input another coordinate or the object index from your hierarchy node (actually from an "Object Index node from teh hierarchy node) to the vector coordinate of the noise node, you could also use a random node to output a value into one of the inputs of the random node, the important thing is just to modify the sampling vector coordinate.

Creature
10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Works like a charm. I didn't know about the Coordinate inputs of the noise

Thanks a lot

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.