PDA

View Full Version : fully self made drawings

staglider2
03-20-2002, 12:48 AM
who can make a realistic photoshop - painter painting in wich all elements are done manual ?

Cgkoko
03-20-2002, 01:33 AM
:confused:

staglider2
03-20-2002, 03:02 AM
i mean, a very realistic painting without any reference and where there is not a single pixel wich was done by copy-paste and editing from photographs or other similar resources. that means that even elements like convincing metal rust is entirely had made without reference

Cgkoko
03-21-2002, 01:10 AM
Well...a lot of guys.Balistic is one of them for sure.But what do you mean realistic?I most of the times just paint but i never have done a photorealistic piece in photoshop.I just try to follow the academic 'rooles' I was tought in my drawing classes.

JuRrAsStOiL
03-21-2002, 01:26 AM
lol cut my head off, but what the hell is the sense of this ???
ie ballistic makes an ass-kickin' realistic painting, what then?! you steal it and sale it for 5 million USD ?!

I don't get it... :confused:

Hash!
03-21-2002, 07:28 PM
I don't get it!!!.....why you absolutely want a drawing made 100% by hand without any reference????........and without copy/paste pixels???.....is there a price for the one who do it?....i think that the deal is to draw your vision or your idea of something..and most of the time you have seen something that gave you the idea!....but computer graphic gives us tools to save time....we copy/paste details that we could draw anyway....

....that's my opinion....don't take offence....and show us your work...

staglider2
03-21-2002, 07:44 PM
well...just to see if a human brain is capable of 100% synthesis of real world objects, scenes, textures, light, shading, organic forms...of course you always saw something if u do a realistic pic, but can you also do very complex elements very real without any photo or other reference nearby, just from memory ??? Just curious

Hash!
03-21-2002, 08:20 PM
It a good question!....but the way you exposed it in your first 2 posts was a little arrogant...it seemed like you were pretending that everybody here were cheating by using references and copy/paste....I don't know if the brain can do such a thing...everybody can draw something only by memory....but to do a great photorealistic drawing....not so many poeple...if there's any....The fact is that everybody here just want to express themself in drawing...and references, copy/paste, annd all other tools help us to get the job done nice and quick!...

...so your point is interresting!...I just think that we're here to have fun....not to make brain experiences!...sorry!;)

staglider2
03-21-2002, 09:18 PM
oh im sorry, i really did not mean to be arrogant, it was just a curiosity question..

Hash!
03-21-2002, 09:30 PM
That's ok!......I took it a little personal....because I use references for my drawings, and sometimes I use some textures to give a more realistic look...like rusted metal....and I think that a lot of artists do it too....maybe that's why all the guys took your words wrong!...But now everything's explained and everybody's happy!...:D :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.