PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Effects collision

Buhby
10-07-2006, 05:36 PM
For a short animation of mine, I plan using Clouds using the fluid effects.
Now, when I put an object in there (polygonal cylinder) and make it collide with the fluid, The clouds still go through the object (so the clouds are in the object too).

Does anyone know how to make it so that the clouds do not enter inside the cylinder?
I really don't want to composite two scenes on top of eachother...

apoc519
10-07-2006, 06:17 PM
The clouds in mayas presets are just a texture. Theres nothing dynamic about them.

You have to change the density from static to dynamic which brings up a whole new set of problems because there's no actual density in the container. So you'll have to paint it in or something

Pyrokinesis
10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
when you make an object collide with another, you create a geo connector node, try adjusting the settings on that node first. If that doesnt work, you can use a volume radial field inside of your object.

baran
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
If you r using the maya demo preset clouds, its all ststic. The cloud animation is based on texture time, etc.

If u want to colloide, select the container> make contents method>Dynamic.

Add>motion field ahd parent to the object that u want to colloide.

Now U'll see the clouds are reacting for the collision.

-Gurubaran.

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.