PDA

View Full Version : H E L P : Chain Link Fence

methodz
10-06-2006, 10:57 PM
HELLO, i'm some what new to max i have been using it for about a year or so but i'm not very good at the 3d modeling aspect, i can make basic scenes n stuff, its mainly a something i do when i'm board, but i'm trying to find out how to make a good CHAINLINK FENCE, i make movies and i'm trying to make an intro and i cant find a good chainlink fence model. ANY HLEP WOULD BE GREAT! PLEASE HELP ME!

Arcanox
10-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Find a picture of a chainlink fence. Draw out a spline in the same wire configuration as what you see in that picture. Change it's rendering options to give it some thickness.

Take that one spline, hold down shift and drag it over. Make 50 copies of it and boom you should have a chainlink fence. All you need are some end bars, posts and you should be able to duplicate that many times to get longer spans of fence.

methodz
10-07-2006, 05:52 AM
umma give that a try thx again man thats super cool of you, i think i can do that

newellteapot
10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi!

not quite sure what a chain fence is, but max has ready made "procedural" fences, check them out.

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.