PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush Morphing... IDCrisis v1

DaddyMack
10-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi guys, this is a cool little project that I knocked out in about 20 hours to test one aspect of the R+D I'm doing for a personal project... It's created in Zbrush and Max (both of which I'm still noobin around in) and I made about 50 heads for the piece... It's a test for some full rigged and textured body morphing I'll try and pull off in the next 6 months or so...

I think it's something a little different to what I'm used to seeing and although the animation is nowhere near polished I'm happy with the overall effect... Hope you like:wavey:

here's a few snaps

http://www.brainchilddigital.com/zbrush/IDCrisissplash.jpg

And here's the link to the decent quality file Quicktime Sorenson3 18mb (http://www.brainchilddigital.com/zbrush/RobMack_IDCrisis_V1_500kbps.mov)

and the lower quality file Quicktime Sorenson3 5mb (http://www.brainchilddigital.com/zbrush/RobMack_IDCrisis_V1_150kbps.mov)

C+C appreciated

Sherif.Nagib
10-06-2006, 10:39 PM
WoW !
That's a sweet a$$ morphing job man, do all these heads have the same amount-of-points/polygon-count ? and did each of them have it's own displacement or is it like one animated displacement for the whole thing ?.. hope I'm not asking too much :)

my only crits would be the animation, could've been more dynamic with antics & settlings, but I know that's not actually the point of the whole thing.

gr8 work again :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
10-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Thanks Sherif.Nagib.. It's just a point to point morph atm... I looked into displacements but I couldn't pull any realtime feedback. The animation...:shrug: I agree man... I couldn't get proper feedback driving the umm... 130,000 poly mesh:blush: so I didn't bother spending more than 3 hours on it... I plan to have a lo res mesh drive the animation of the higher res geometry so that It will all run smoother in the final project...

Thanks for chiming in:wavey: much appreciated

shakes
11-15-2006, 10:40 PM
that's amazing Rob..fantastic stuff!!

Gunilla
11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Applauses from me too - and again, I think you hit a lucky path when you was forced into starting with Max... this is just fab!
take care now :)

jddog
11-16-2006, 01:27 PM
impressive ! :applause: wow really a great morphing anim...
Julien

DaddyMack
11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
shakes.. Heyaa! Thanks Daddyshakes;)

Gunilla.. I fought the dark side for the first few months... Suddenly I realised that I'd just handed over $5000au and signed my life away to the autodesk overlords:curious: 6 months in and Max is now indispensable in my toolkit... Thanks Gunilla:applause: You knew from the start

jddog.. Hey thanks man, it was fun to make

Squash-n-Stretch
11-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Any chance of pointing us in the direction of where we could start learning morphing meshes like this? :)

tornado12345
11-23-2006, 03:18 PM
How did you do this? Can elaborate on the process you used? Is this juat one head and the rest are displacements from zbrush? Or many diffrent heads with same number of vertices and having diffrent displacement/normal maps?
I would like to know more about the process you used. It's intresting.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2006, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.