PDA

View Full Version : Position Object with animated greyscale map?

vertigo
10-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone!

I try to emit particles from an object with animated greyscale map: the white parts emit the particles. But unfortunatelly the particles freeze on frame 0 (=the initial state of the greyscale map), they just ignore the map animation! I tried UVW Mapping Modifier animation, animation within the Material Editor... Nothing helps... Am I doing anything wrong or is it a PF issue

Any ideas? Workaround?

Thank you very much!!!

Greets
vertigo

stefan
10-07-2006, 01:43 PM
PF isue.
May be U coud do it with some of gadgets in PfToolBox. But I am not sure.
Other way- Livespan to 1. Emit on ewery frame. But it is more than flickering. Somehow useless.And do a search next time it was discused already.

vertigo
10-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi stefan,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I already did a workaround using an Age Test of 1 frame and created an event loop. Well it works somehow, although I would be happy to see an animated map in action :scream:

Greets
vertigo

Shakav
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Oleg Plis help us!.

vertigo
10-07-2006, 11:39 PM
ok, I found a neat workaround, using a collision test operator with multiple gizmos, combined with a smart chosen delete operator and some particle age within the material. works for me... :)

Greets
vertigo

vertigo
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
tadaaa! Problem actually solved!

I used for Position Object the option "Selected Vertices", which i selected through the Volume Select Modifier (you can select stuff using a texture map).

E voilá!

Greets
vertigo

charleyc
10-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I have done this many times in the past with no problems. There is an option in the Position By Object (and Speed by Surface for that matter) to tell it to look the animation of the object (which includes animated materials applied to them). It is a check box with a name like, Animated or Animated Object or something (I am not in front of max at the moment).

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 07:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.