PDA

View Full Version : Motion Retargeting

mrba
10-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Why does some characterised bhv file (saved as fbx and imported) break/offset my characters limbs when I do a Motion Retargeting? or put it in a more simple way, they simply just dont match up!
Tryed all the reach sliders but they did not make a big difference.

anders

Danilo Buendia
10-06-2006, 06:49 PM
There is a large disparity between the source image and the target you've shown. Is this on the same frame of the motion?

Try a Characterization without the Control Rig. A Character Input with the Characterized BVH as a source.

mrba
10-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi Danilo,

Thanks for answering, Yes it is the same frame, the first one!

I`ve tried a Characterization without the Control Rig. A Character Input with the Characterized BVH as a source, but with the same result.

The character in the bhv file is faceing the positive X, but that shouldŽnt matter.

Danilo Buendia
10-06-2006, 11:54 PM
<<The character in the bhv file is faceing the positive X, but that shouldŽnt matter.>>

Actually, MB warns you that it wants a character to face Positive Z. If your T-Pose isn't facing Pos Z, then you may be seeing a product of that disparity. Try setting the motion to Z pos and recharacterize. You may be very surprised with the results.

mrba
10-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks Danilo,

I roteted the bhv character so it faced positive x, then rotated the arms so it was in T stand when I charaterized it and that did the trick!

Thinking back on it now it all make sense, characterizing your sourse and target in the same pose.

Thanks again for your help!

anders

Danilo Buendia
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
No worries! I'm glad it worked out.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.