PDA

View Full Version : La Reine Soleil

GreyKid
10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi All,

We've just completed work on a French long feature and have edited together a promo reel of some of our work.

The animation is all digital and produced in a software called Anime Studio 5. It was composited in Combustion 4.

Hope you enjoy it and we would like to know what you think.

GK

http://www.greykid.com/La_Reine_Soleil

Womball
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
This is fantastic! Was this made in Flash? It has that look, but combined with a feature film 2d animation. Is this a whole movie?

VirtualFM
10-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Looks very nice. Reminds me a bit of "The Prince of Egypt" (I wonder why!) but that's OK because I loved that one.

Another thing: The trailer's music is a very well know one, but where can I find it? What's it's name? Love that music!

som3d59
10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
This is great! I love the style. When will this movie gonna release?

artichaud
10-17-2006, 12:40 PM
the rendering remind me 2d animation's look too. The animation is nice but i'm not not such a big fan of flat colors i had wished to see more nuances between the colors. Does the film is already finished or is it still in production ?

for info virtualFM the music is taken from the soundtrack of "requiem for a dream" but it's a rearangement which was used on the lord of the ring 3 trailer, and i don't know where you could find it.

Creature
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
for info virtualFM the music is taken from the soundtrack of "requiem for a dream" but it's a rearangement which was used on the lord of the ring 3 trailer, and i don't know where you could find it.

It was actually in the LOTR 2 trailer. It's been re-done with full orchestra and has been called "Requim for a Tower"

VirtualFM
10-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Thank you guys! Very nice of you!

nikolas1977
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
It was actually in the LOTR 2 trailer. It's been re-done with full orchestra and has been called "Requim for a Tower"
Wait a minute here...

I'm a composer and a little touchy in such stuff...

So the music is actualyl copyrighted right? The composition at least... The recording is not since it is redone, but still the composition is copyrighted... Do you have permition to use it from th ecomposer/arranger? Just something to keep in mind I guess...

The short itself is wonderful and very much to my liking.

At last an animation film without little lovely furry animals (:p)

Creature
10-19-2006, 12:51 AM
So the music is actualyl copyrighted right? The composition at least... The recording is not since it is redone, but still the composition is copyrighted...

Isn't a re-recorded piece of music (Cover-Version) which has been done with the permission of the copyrightholder also copyrighted - to both the artist of the Cover as well as the artist of the original one? So it's got kinda double copyright and not none?

nikolas1977
10-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Isn't a re-recorded piece of music (Cover-Version) which has been done with the permission of the copyrightholder also copyrighted - to both the artist of the Cover as well as the artist of the original one? So it's got kinda double copyright and not none?
EDIT: Need to learn how to read. If there is permission from the copyright holder then there is absolutely no problem, and actually the copyright of the recording bellongs to the guy who did the cover version. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my behalf. Leaving the rest of the post for informative reasons mostly... Sorry... :-/

-------------------------

There are different kinds (or areas better) of copyright.

1 copyright goes to the composition (orchestration) of the work
1 copyight goes to the actuall publishing (book/score)
and 1 goes to the recording.

All 3 need to be protected, and all 3 can be breached.

Beethoven is free of copyrights, and so is his music. This does not mean that anyone can use a recording younger than 75 years. (or publihsed later than 75 years ago...) But you can certainly make your own version of any Beethovens work.

Here we have a piece of art (the music) which is copyrighted to the composer. The recording itself is fine, but in order to do the music in the first place there needs to be permission from the original copyight holder (composer or possibly the publisher).

After that royalties is a whoe different issue and a rather complicated one in this case... so let's get into this.

Bottom line, I write some music (I am a composer myself). If someone makes a remix of my music (cause re-editing, or re-doing or whatever in the end is a kind of remix), and I don't hear about it, I'm going to be pised off (becasue they didn't tell me not for any other reason, I'm nto so protective of my music... I mean remixes are ok in my books). BUT If actually someone makes money out of that remix, I'm going to go through the roof... see what I mean?

Sorry for high jacking...

Creature
10-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Yes I do - isn't the deadline after the death of the artist 50 years in UK? I'm german and it's 70 years in Germany but I think I heard something about 50 years in UK.

Well, sorry for hijacking this thread like this - it really is a great animation! Maybe we should continue copyright issues in General Discussion :)

MrCup
10-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Wow! Thats great. When is it comming out?
I parts looked 3d but outher bits looked 2d, which was it?

GreyKid
10-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi All,

Sorry it took so long to reply, we've been really busy on a new production.

I'd just like to say a big thanks for all your kind comments, it really is nice to hear when people enjoy your work, so thanks again!

@womball

Yes its a whole feature, we made our scenes in a program called moho/anime studio, kinda works the same as flash but with a bone system. It give us great control over every image.

@som3d59

The movie will be released across Europe in April 2007. I don't know about the U.S. yet.

@artichaud

The production work is now finished and it is in post production at the moment.

@nikolas1977

This music isn't actually in the movie, we just used it for our demo reel of our work. I don't think theres a problem with that, but I could be wrong! Would be good to know for sure.

I'm glad you liked it! we actually have a furry animals short too! can be found here:

http://bunnylove.arkhe.co.hu/index.php?size=large

@MrCup

Thanks MrCup! As I said before it'll be out in movie theatres next year. It was all done in 2d!

Once again thanks for your comments.

GK

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2006, 08:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.