PDA

View Full Version : align to spline - adding points?

e[dub]
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
since the search function has been disabled, I'm not sure if this has been answered before.

I have an object animated by "align to spline" tag. I keyframe the position to be 0 and 100% respectively for beginning and end, using a linear spline as the path.

So far so good.

If I now add a point to the spline, that point effectively becomes the 50% mark for the interpolation, regardless of its placement on the spline.

Say I add two points, then the first would be at 33.3%, and the second at 66.6%.

The problem is, really, that I don't want these points to correspond to the new value, since the added point is not placed a 3rd of the way between the two end points.

Now, this seems easy enough to figure out with only a few points added, but what if I need many points?

What other options do I have than keyframing new values at these points if I don't want them to be assigned the value of 100/n (where "n" is the number of points added)?

Anyone feel me on this one??

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.