PDA

View Full Version : question on casting colored shadows\refractions

scottfox
10-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I am creating multi-colored text and want them to cast shadows or refractions onto a surface behind them. Kind of like the way that light cast through a stained glass window will tint whatever it hits on the other side.

is this possible, what would 'you' do.

Scott

ratfacecorvette
10-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Initially I would end up switching software to something more capable of highend 3d computer graphics and animation. But if you insist on using EI to achieve this effect. Can you post an image so I can see where you are at currently. Also do you know what level render you are at right now?

futagoza
10-27-2006, 06:32 AM
is this possible, what would 'you' do.

Sure, itīs possible. i would check the tutorials on your disk, thereīs one which does exactly what your looking for (stained glass window project).

Hope this helps a bit.

manuel
10-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Here's a quick example I knocked out in under 5 minutes. Just "save as..."

http://www.funnylittlemen.co.uk/Temp/blueball.prj.zip

yhloon
10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
a bit different... but i thuink this might help also...:)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=385480

Vizfizz
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Initially I would end up switching software to something more capable of highend 3d computer graphics and animation. But if you insist on using EI to achieve this effect. Can you post an image so I can see where you are at currently. Also do you know what level render you are at right now?

Electric Image IS a highend 3D computer graphics and animation package and is capable of this effect. There is no reason to question or potentially insult EIAS users for their choice of software. Further comments of this nature will not be tolerated and will result in a recommendation for being banned from CGTalk. This is your first and final warning of this nature.

A.C. Farley
10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks Brian

That was a strange, seemingly ignorant, post from that guy.

Craig

Vizfizz
10-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Its really inconsiderate and rude to go into someone's forum and tell them to "switch" software. Its even worse to tell it to someone who is potentially either new or inexperienced with EIAS and say "EI can't do that." It simply shows his ignorance and its against CGTalk rules to pander software switching.

manuel
10-28-2006, 08:42 AM
It's his first and only post. So he went through the trouble of signing up just to troll a bit. Quite sad.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2006, 08:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.