PDA

View Full Version : Using "IK Joe"

MaTaDoR
02-02-2003, 08:55 PM
So im using "ik Joe" translated to maya by the amazingly talented goosh and im pulling my hair out.. =)

At the school im attending I have some access to computers with MAYA (not taking classes formally) and ive been playing around with it with the purpose of looking into its character animation tools, I finally found a model that I can play with "ik joe" but im having problems moving some parts of his body and ive looked into rigging to figure it out but there's lots on joe that isnt standard on the simplified maya tutorial..

I just wanna do simple things for now but I cant move the shoulders or rotate along the toes so far, move eblow, general arm and some other goodies with joe...

If its not too much to ask can someone who maybe has this rig give me some ways to work with this rig?

- Thanks

goosh
02-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by MaTaDoR

I just wanna do simple things for now but I cant move the shoulders or rotate along the toes so far, move eblow, general arm and some other goodies with joe...

If its not too much to ask can someone who maybe has this rig give me some ways to work with this rig?

- Thanks

Hey

Why can't you rotate the shoulders? (or do you mean move and in translate?)
if you are in FK mode (check by selecting the big C and the back) you should be able to select the joint and just rotate it.. no trick there

As far as the toes go.. the foot controller (red foot print thing) is composed of two parts.. the foot and the toes.. (I believe they are yellow) select the yellow part (the toe part) and rotate it..

With the other joints.. it's just a matter of selecting them and rotating them.. I don't get what the problem is..

are you selecting them? :D

Goosh

MaTaDoR
02-04-2003, 08:00 PM
sweet, goosh himself replies! =)

Ive actually been having problems with MAYA after I installed the kaydara importer and its been doing all sorts of things on the system ranging from selection, rendering and all sorts of startup problems..

I actually didnt notice it much until it got really bad and MAYA would crash even before it got started up.. ive tried the rig somewhere else and its pretty damn sweet.

thanks for the reply and th awesome rig! heh

goosh
02-04-2003, 10:12 PM
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.