PDA

View Full Version : Wayne - Teddy Rescue!

rockrat
10-05-2006, 04:11 PM
After a discussion one lunch time in the pub regarding on-line 3D games using flash or shockwave I was conned into creating a "3D (in the very loosest sense!)" online game using only animated gifs, DHTML and JavaScript. With a bit of server side code thrown in this is what I've come up with so far:

http://www.darkpeakdesigns.co.uk/newsite/games/WayneTeddyRescue.asp

WARNING - This currently only works in IE (and probably not on a Mac, but I would like to know if it does) and a res of at least 1024 x 768. Firefox (Mozilla) version coming real soon.

Comments, crits, bugs, abuse, highest scores most welcome. Clicking on the version will pop up some release notes and give an idea of what the final game should look like.

The back story is a long one, don't ask who Martha is!!

blacker
10-05-2006, 04:26 PM
It's pretty cool, I'm on level 3. I'm just glad Wayne can't fall off the bedspread. :)

LaughingBun
10-06-2006, 05:52 AM
seems to me the only reall challenge comes from the funky control scheme, id like to play it controling with the arrow keys to see how that affects the fun/challenge factor.

rockrat
10-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for playing and thanks for the feedback.

Beta 1.1 now released, if you click on the version number bottom right in the game you will get info on things to do. More suggestions to improve "game play" most welcome.

Main change is Keyboard remapping to hopefully a more intuative set of keys. Choice of the main board or the numeric keypad.

LaughingBun - sorry, no arrow keys as Wayne moves diagonally. Hope the numeric keypad mapping is better.

blacker - Do you want him to fall off the bed? :)

rockrat
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Beta 1.2 released

Improvements to Teddy and Bomb graphics.
Inclusion of daily and all time high scores.
Keyboard controls disabled at end of game.

TTFN

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.