PDA

View Full Version : Still Life-Oil-Mike is Hungry

dmcgrath
02-02-2003, 07:49 PM
This was for a still life painting class, homework. But it's probably my favorite thing that came out of the class. All objects are real. I used my girlfriend's Mike Wizaski stuffed animal, and a small silver cup and the can of generic chicken parts. Let me know what you think. :) http://www.spatiallight.net/imagesPage/images/mikeW.jpg

freddy7133d
02-03-2003, 02:13 AM
I like it! :thumbsup:
my only critiques is that it would have been nice to see a little more detail...
other than that it looks really good..
nice colors and contrast..
realy nice work!:beer:

E.Z. Schwartz
02-03-2003, 03:57 AM
My only problem with the picture is that Mike doesn't look alive, but like a stuffed animal. Although I guess considering your subject that's not much of a critique :) Good job.

Ezra

dmcgrath
02-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks freddy: Detail, yeah I agree there. But oil is hard to work with to get extreme details. You just end up making pretty mud, most of the time. That is why I didn't try to make more of the label, but in my defense. That is really what the label looks like. Here's a small scan of it at the end...

E.Z. Schwartz: The wizaski stuffed animal was a pain to mount. his mouth is open a little so I had to cram a peice of duct tape rolled up into his mouth and stick him to the can. Then I had to tape his leg to the little silver cup as well.

Thanks for the crits, guys.

-dan

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.