PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Booleans, (PWRBoolean)

MadMeph
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
I have a problem with booleaning, specifically with PWRboolean, I'm assuming that the general principle is the same, It's as follows. I've been box-modeling a spaceship, slicing, extruding, booleaning etc...
To clean up some bad mesh errors I had to delete a few polygons and remodel those using the 'bridge' options under editable poly.
But since then, whenever I want to boolean out a shape using Powerboolean i get the error of 'invalid boolean' and I can't find out why, the best thing I can think of is that to perform a clean boolean that the source shape has to be 'waterproof' with every vertrex closed but I'm unsure if this is it.
Is there any way in max to check this in max? To see if a shape is fully closed ot not?

jtaddei
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
you might have vertices that are close together but not closed. A way I usually roughly close up tiny gaps where there should be no gaps is just goto vertex sub object, control A to select all vertices and weld with a pretty small distance. This'll close up any really close vertices all in one swoop.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.