PDA

View Full Version : Administration problem in WinXp/2000

Black&White
02-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I had a administration account in XP by default. Later I created a new administration account "AHMED" and deleted older one from ControlMenu. Now im in trouble i cant run/uninstall programs that i set "Only for me" in installation. i want to activate my older one again. the folder "administrator" still exist in "Documents and Settings" folder. When i create a new account from ControlPanel it says "administrator" already exist. But it only exist in folder not in the Account User List of ControlPanel.

3dsmax not working/unistalling as i installed it ONLY FOR ME.
many other problems too

I need help.

singularity2006
02-02-2003, 08:36 PM
ah, that's a big problem.... i think u'd have to go through the system registry and find the registry keys relating to Administrator and change it to your new administrator name ... this can be long and arduous because there are probably thousands of these keys. However, this can really screw things up because other software is already registered to work with keys using "Administrator" as the user ...

your best bet @ this point is to do an XP system restore by booting w/ the XP CD and selecting "repair Windows XP" under the install. Or u can just do a full format and use 2K... I generally don't like XP. It's memory management is rather shoddy.

"XP is kind of like that mango that Bill Gates raped until it popped." - Unknown

dvornik
02-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Just make it login as administrator again. It just hides it by default but it's not a big deal, it's still there. You could readjust permissions on folders too, but it's tedious if you're new to it.

Start/Run/"regedit"

** To show Administrator in the logon list:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1165/
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm

**To make logon automaticaly:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
set AutoAdminLogon to 1 and DefaultUserName to Administrator, DefaultDomailnName to computer name, also see the link below.

Careful with the regedit, read up on it if you never used it. Basically, once you found the key (Winlogon or UserList) go to Edit/New/"DWORD Value" and name it (AutoAdminLogon) and set value (1) by double-clicking on it. DefaultUserName - just double click on it and change the value to "Administrator".

And if you want to keep it that way forever adjust permissions on the Winlogon key so System has full control and Administrator has only Read, delete all others.

Oh, if you have admin password you'll need to add a password value DefaultPassword=Whatever Your Password Is.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/noclienu/index.html?page=/documentation/lg/noclienu/noclienu/data/a3hfqfm.html

Black&White
02-05-2003, 03:54 PM
wooo.:bounce: :bounce: ITS WORKING thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.