PDA

View Full Version : Uppgrade wich way to go? AMD/P4 chipset?

Slugger
02-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Hello,

Anyone out there with insight to what hardware AMD or P4 to use for Maya/MAX? wich chipset to go foron mobo? graphics card GF4 pros/cons with Maya/Max? Havent uppgrded my PC for well over 2years and havent been following all the latest whats happening on the chipset/mobo/CPU front, so whats gives most bang for the buck today?

AWAKE
02-02-2003, 04:00 PM
I have a set of AMDs and my machine is hot and loud. It was also cheap and fast though. It's about a year old.

Gyan
02-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Delete this thread and repost in technical forum.

or Mods can move it.

Potato77
02-02-2003, 05:52 PM
get a clawhammer when it comes out. go read about it and you will see why.

Per-Anders
02-02-2003, 05:54 PM
I heard rumour (so take this with a pinch of salt) that AMD might be moving out of the commercial chip design area, which might sway the decision at least in the long term towards the Intel range simply for future upgradeability.

Rabid pitbull
02-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by mdme_sadie
I heard rumour (so take this with a pinch of salt) that AMD might be moving out of the commercial chip design area, which might sway the decision at least in the long term towards the Intel range simply for future upgradeability.

ok all i got out of this was the salt... where did you get this rumor??? to add to that we could go on and on about things like ..

apple is gonna buy intel, and microsoft is gonna buy ibm, and aol is gonna buy them all and make a new machine called a microapple with a waffle iron on the side with almost instant messaging transmitted through a wormhole in the space time.....

you get the point :curious:

MadMax
02-04-2003, 12:26 AM
sniff sniff.......

I smell troll.................

Rabid pitbull
02-04-2003, 01:05 AM
hmmmmn well actually i think people spewing rumors ought back it up with a article mention at least... not just opinion. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.