PDA

View Full Version : rigging a bike

leonlabyk
10-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I am trying to rig a bike, and am wondering if there is a way so I can make the tyres turn round in time with the pedals and crank, whilst also having the pedals turn as if the bike were being rode, or do I simply animate each part individually.

Cheers Leon

futurcraft
10-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Hey dude...
that aint a problem.. all u need to do is use the connection editor.. and link of the various rotation values of the coreconding axes of one bike part to the other.. for exampl.. the rotate X of the pedal can be connected to the rotate X of the wheel or tyre... u can make multiple connections like a tree kinda way n have finally one single node drive it.. like the pedal..

Hope tht helps...

futurcraft
10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I jus saw the post I typed.. Kinda had a few typo errors..
Wht I meant was for u to use the connection editor and link up the corresponding axes of rotation of each of the body parts... of ur bike.. another way would be to use joints by parenting the geometry to it... and then using the joints rotation.. to rig it up... u could also create some cool shocks suspensions... using damping with rigid bodies and springs...

leonlabyk
10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
cheers futurcraft your help is much appreciated

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.