PDA

View Full Version : Acting Challenge #2 - post your topic ideas!

Vood
10-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey guys...

So let's start another Acting Challenge!

Here are the ideas that we had for the previous one that did not get used yet:

-Paranoid thief.
-Chef cooks bad meat.
-gets stomped or shot in the foot
-sees attractive person, does a double take
-loses at roulette
-given bouquet of flowers
-their baby stroller rolls away too quickly to chase
-clothes are torn off (like in cartoons, they have to cover themselves in that funny pose)

Those are from dudeacle and myself... if i'm forgetting anyone's please post them :)

As I said before, I think a GREAT challenge would be trying to imply the character's gender in the animation --- most people tend to default to animating men, but can you animate a female doing the same thing?

SAN-X
10-05-2006, 07:22 AM
- loses at roulette!!! :bounce:
or
- paranoid thief.

merdon
10-06-2006, 03:29 AM
a guy loses something very important

blurgh
10-06-2006, 07:15 AM
w00 those are all good :)

-excersise goes wrong
-enjoying art
-talking to the plants
-giving orders
-teaching
-shopping

um.. ill post more when they come to me :)

-Darken

Vood
10-06-2006, 03:14 PM
-giving orders

that's a good idea :)

blurgh
10-08-2006, 09:18 PM
thought of some more !

-Ride (i,e, theme park... or anything for that matter..)
-Emotion change ( change from one dramatic emotion to another)
-Martial arts (could be interesting ...)
-gymnastics
-peer pressure
-classic lift
-a moving walk, with a twist (i.e. not a cycle)

pick soon ! im going to okinawa on wednesday so i doubt ill be around for this comp

-Darken

ZeAle
10-09-2006, 05:55 AM
-Martial arts
-loses at roulette
-Emotion change ( change from one dramatic emotion to another)
-Paranoid thief
-clothes are torn off (like in cartoons, they have to cover themselves in that funny pose)

dudeacle
10-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Paranoid Thief is my vote.

blurgh
10-09-2006, 10:17 PM
errr... to clarrify my vote is for :

paranoid theif that could be quite fun me thinks :)

add the ones i suggested to the list ;)

OneSharpMarble
10-09-2006, 11:01 PM
How about we find a sound file and animate to that. I'm not talking about talking just some sound effects. I think that would work well.

Junerahe
10-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I like the russian roulette loss idea. Unless you werent talking about "russian" roulette. At which point I demand that it be the russian type. CGTalkers proudly present: "80 different ways to blow your own brains out.":twisted:

Vood
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
I don't think that would be much of an "acting" challenge ;)

dudeacle
10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
It would be rather hard to animate a dead character. Normal roulette would be much more fun.

Junerahe
10-12-2006, 12:54 AM
You really think there isnt an emotion range for a character that may be taking his own life? Get a table, get a gun, get a mirror, put the gun in your mouth and look at your face hehehe...

dudeacle
10-12-2006, 02:28 AM
We need to set a voting deadline. How about this Friday, the lucky Friday the 13th heh. If we make the deadline Friday then we can start the challenge Sunday the 15th, and make the deadline for final animations the end of the month. That makes things easy.

Good point Junerah. I just dont want to animate something like that. Too morbid for my taste :)

Junerahe
10-12-2006, 06:05 AM
Yes it is quite morbid. But the range of emotion in one faced with possible self annihilation cannot be denied.

How about a character waking up to a bright sunny day then walking out of his room oblivious to the fact that he/she is not wearing any proper clothes?

Its a crazy idea, I know...

mike0006
10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I second the russian roulette idea! It could be the 5th shot and the character is totally freaking out on the inside. Does it shoot, or does it click?

dARCKLOWN
10-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Martial arts fight or rooftop jumping/chase ;)

Vood
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Junerahe I was just joking around :) implying that someone's head exploding wouldn't be so much "acting" ... as say maybe.. "dynamics" and "particles" :twisted:

but i completely agree with what you're saying. but yea it is a little morbid hahah.

OK now everyone go to the VOTING THREAD (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=416969) :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.