PDA

View Full Version : EA & BAFTA Event - LONDON!

Electronic_Arts
10-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Over the past weeks, I have received a great deal of positive feedback about the Will Wright and Glenn Entis events. A number of you commented how entertaining and thought provoking the presentations were in addition to having the opportunity to catch up with industry colleagues as well as make new acquaintances.

I am really excited to announce the next event in the EA & BAFTA Industry speaker series. With BAFTA’s support, we’re going to be following up with our third event: a panel discussion involving the key leaders shaping the future of entertainment scheduled to commence on Thursday 12th October, doors open 7pm, (presentation at 8pm), at the Cirque, London Hippodrome, Leicester Square, London.

We are thrilled that the panel contains key creative leaders including:

William Sargent: CEO of Framestore, the largest VFX & animation house in Europe and winner of numerous Academy Awards. VFX for films like Superman, Harry Potter, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Troy and developers of Walking with Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Park. Currently working on Animated Feature film, ‘The Tales of Desperaux’.

Stephen Moore: COO of the Academy Award winning Aardman Animations, world famous for Creature Creations, Wallace & Gromit, Chicken Run and CGI with Al Dante, Planet Sketch, and shortly to be released feature, Flushed Away, (with Dreamworks).

Peter Molyneux: World renowned creative game designer and founder of Lionhead Studio, (now part of Microsoft). Responsible for games like, Populous, Black & White, Fable, The Movies and Theme Park, to name but a few.

David Gardner: Executive Vice President, COO Worldwide Studios of Electronic Arts, hte largest developer and publisher of interactive entertainment in the world - including games such as FIFA, Harry Potter, Black, The Sims.
We expect this to be a highly attended event given the chance to meet, listen and question leaders on the future of entertainment.

We are extremely proud to partner again with BAFTA but also with Framestore, Aardman and Lionhead on this event and open it up to the wider entertainment industry.

Due to strictly limited availability and the quality of this panel, we will again be allocating tickets by ballot. To apply for tickets, please register here: http://www.talentecology.com/ea/leaderspanel.asp (http://www.talentecology.com/ea/leaderspanel.asp) by 6pm Tuesday 10th October. Successful applicants will be informed on Wednesday 11th October.

danshewan
10-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Did anyone else get tickets for this?

It'd be cool if some of the CGS members here in London could meet up at the event. PM me (or reply on this thread) if anyone else here is going.

Dan

iainbanks
10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
well havent got any confirmation email yet. But fingers are still crossed.

danshewan
10-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I got my confirmation email first thing this morning - might see you there. Good luck!

Anyone else?

iainbanks
10-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Well if you've already got yours, i dont think i'll be getting one then, i think they send then all at once. pitty cos i liked the other 2 events.

danshewan
10-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah, seems unlikely - sorry mate. Maybe next time.

Dan

iainbanks
10-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh.. turns i've got a ticket now, wicked

yann22
10-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I'll be going too :) ,
should we set a time and place?

Cheers,

Yann

danshewan
10-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Well, I'll be there at 7pm for doors open - I'm not sure if there'll be name badges or what, so to make myself easily identifiable, I'll be wearing jeans, a green and white shirt, suit jacket and baseball cap.

Maybe outside Cirque at 7pm?

Anyone else coming?

yann22
10-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Fine,
ouside Cirque at 7 pm,
I'll be there, jeans and black,
probably having a cigarrette
- this is starting to sound like spy novel :scream: -
cheers,

Yann

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2006, 12:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.