PDA

View Full Version : The River Passage

thyn
10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Hello guys :)
This is my first complete image in matte painting. I will appreciate your comments and critiques.
I hope you like it :)

http://thyn.mishev.net/The%20River%20Passage.jpg

GFXIstic
10-04-2006, 04:48 PM
That's your first mattepainting you say?
For that it's damn fantastic.
The only thing I would correct, are the blurry spots. There are some blurry areas, beneath them are the trees too sharp, but otherwise... cool

JJASSO
10-05-2006, 12:38 AM
hey valentinto be the first one is really impressive, I like the mood and the genral concept
I think aereal pespective need a little more blueish tone for the background, the hazy look it has is a little bit desaturated for a partial clear sky the castle concept is cool but I don see any shadows on the mountain. also I think the perspective is off
hope this helps you, you have talent , keep it up

Datameister
10-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Nicely done, especially for a first! :D

I do agree about the blurry spots and the under-saturated haze. Also, the transition into the castle/fortress from the rocks is slightly awkward. A little too smooth, I guess. Perhaps consider roughing up that interface between the cliff and the structure.

Keep up the good work.

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2006, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.