PDA

View Full Version : The Tree

YaronYanai
10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Actually, this is my first post!
Just wanted to post a link to my graduate animation short "The Tree"
Hope you like it:

http://www.aniboom.com/Player/?v=2099

TomStackpole
10-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi Yaron,

I'd love to watch your short, but unfortunately the link seems to be broken.

myHighness
10-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I can see it.

Looks nice! The tree is well done. Good way to give him a character, the fire-breath was nice.

But I think the story could be told quicker, and some of the animation of the boy also (especially when he's fighting with his sword). Animation of the tree was well done, nice movements.

How long did it take to finish?

YaronYanai
10-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Thank you for your reply.
First of all, the link works, but the aniboom site is in beta testing, so it might not have worked then. You are welcome to try now and even vote in the competition.
About the story and animation, I feel as well that the movie is a bit long. There actually is a shorter version of the movie, but I like it less because I think some of the charm of the kids goes away, that is why I am thinking of making a third cut of the movie, which is shorter but still has the charm of the kids' characters.
Anyway, this movie was made during my final year in the animation department of Bezalel academy of art and design in Jerusalem. It took about two semesters during which the story was developed and then directed, produced and animated. It was a three people project, made entirely with Maya 7 and Photoshop and edited on Premiere.
I will be happy to answer more questions, just ask :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 10:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.