10-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Cameleon labs Releases Object Painter v 1.3a
4 October 2006
http://www.cameleon-labs.com/

Object Painter v1.3a additional features:

- zooming in photoshop doesn't affect real time view in Object Painter
- limits for the texture size depend on the computer's GFX card
- bug fixes on XSI objects

Object Painter is the unique 'plugin-application' architecture gives you the power of 3D texturing edition directly
in Photoshop
The cameleon labs ObjectPainter is the most affordable solution for high quality texture editing. You can edit your
textures just like you did before, using Adobe Photoshop and all of its powerfull tools, but now you can see all the
changes in realtime in the 3D preview window!
The unique 'plugin-application' architecture gives you the power of 3D texturing edition directly in Photoshop.
ObjectPainter is compatible with Photoshop 6.0, 7.0, CS and CS2.
Key ObjectPainter features are:
- realtime preview in 3D for textures edited in Adobe Photoshop
- realtime brush size and position view while painting
- full support for all of the Photoshop tools and third party plug-ins
- zoom, rotation and move in the 3D preview window
- support for .3ds, .lwo, .xsi nad .obj 3D objects formats
- Direct3D rendering engine with: Color/Diffuse, Bump, Luminosity, Specularity, Glossines, Reflections, Transparency,
Refraction and Transluency channels
- 2 refresh modes: realtime and manual
- two rendering modes: Texture effect and Texture pattern
- object wireframe display on/off
- UV mesh display on/off
- compact display mode showing the 3D window only for space saving
For any question please visit cameleon-labs.com or e-mail us at: press@cameleon-labs.com

rebo
10-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Very interesting in the realtime aspect althoguh havent tried it on a proper multi-layer Photoshop texture. I find the viewport to be pretty low quality and the "DEMO" watermarking nonsensical it just puts me off making a purchase as I cant see how useful the texture preview will be.

Patricio
10-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Very interesting in the realtime aspect althoguh havent tried it on a proper multi-layer Photoshop texture. I find the viewport to be pretty low quality and the "DEMO" watermarking nonsensical it just puts me off making a purchase as I cant see how useful the texture preview will be.

In demo you can load your own models to try it out.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2006, 06:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.