PDA

View Full Version : Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Cyril Taussat

Pages : [1] 2

SweD
10-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Cyril Taussat is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/eon/view_entries.php?challenger=11706)

Latest Update: Final Render: Discovering Alexandria
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1170206282_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4166817#post4166817)

SweD
10-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Come on guyz !! go to make a good entrie for this challenge i hope, it's a good way to test my new config...what ? i'm Seeking a good excuse ? noooo :rolleyes:

Have fun all, and see you next time, when i'll find an idea for this EON one.

Zapan
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey Cyril !

Great to see you in this one too !

Have a lot of fun and best of luck , I'll follow your progress for sure !

cheers ,

-Zapan

ChewyPixels
10-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Welcome aboard SweD! Good luck dude.

SweD
10-04-2006, 03:50 PM
thank you both guys :)

I've now the book in hands, and start to read some chapters to get idea of this strange asteroid concept...(shame on me, I've got some references in SciFi, but not Greg Bear... :blush: ).
Go on !

flaeticia
10-04-2006, 03:55 PM
thank you both guys :)

I've now the book in hands, and start to read some chapters to get idea of this strange asteroid concept...(shame on me, I've got some references in SciFi, but not Greg Bear...:blush:).
Go on !

hey!! ive the book too :D
so hard u dont think so ?:D
i hope ull find some good ideas cyril, and i wish u good luck dude:)
see u later for the first sketchs :D

makaron
10-04-2006, 05:32 PM
hallo Cyril

and good luck... gonna be a treat to see your work...
and have fun... :bounce:

SweD
10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
thanks laetitia :)
I've yet some ideas and some rough, like many other I guess without reading this book, but it would be interesting to compare it with real vision of Greg Bear.
And I totally agree with you, the way of writing is very special and a bit hard. :argh:
I've imagine a few with reading some parts in english :banghead:

Makaron it's always a pleasure to see you here ! thanks for support another time !

Nothingness
10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
you all got the book so quick !!

seems i'm falling behind already :banghead:

SweD
10-04-2006, 08:07 PM
have the book is one thing, (thanks honey for buying it so quickly ), read it is another thing :D

Listening Tool and reading EON... what a good night :bounce:

SweD
10-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Sooo...after few hours reading, and more than 2 hundred pages, i've discovered all the chambers and near environment of the mains characters.

Message to Greg Bear : scuze me, i've not a quantic physical doctorate !!! :scream::scream:
Some parts of book are difficult, but here some image's eventuality for the moment :

- Alexandrie, chamber 2 : large view
There is a good explanation of the plane of the chamber, with plane foreground with some vegets, suspended bridge, city like las vegas on the background. Patricia and Garry on the near foreground on a "six wheels motorbike snow".

Difficulties : very large view. Some cityscape to do, with degrees of vegets, make the ovoidal chamber ?

- Street of Alexandrie
City of Alexandrie is described too, with buidlings in glass, concrete and steel, some stores on the ground floor, all glasses broken, some desert and abandonned city.
2 possibilities : first, this is the discovery of Alexandrie by humans (Patricia and Garry again). Camera view from the floor, open to the sky.
Second, Olmy understand that the Rock is now takin in assault by strangers (humans). Opposing feeling, Camera on the top and downward sight, foreground with Olmy, hidden spy.

- Scentific camp, chamber 7
Another possible render is this chamber 7. Here are Patricia, Wu and others scientists. Close up from the camp, (possibilities to take some liberties, and improve a few) and large view on background of the chamber 7.

Difficulties : arrgghh...don't really understand some things about the seventh chamber. The light tube...singularity...don't really know if he is central vertical, or in horizontal length.
The domes...really specials too, and vegetable, desert with some vegets ?

- Mecanic Chamber, chamber 6
This part could be very interesting but surely very difficult to do, with all mecanical stuffs, maybe zbrush style to do, but describe is short, i'm not sure i'll be able to create a complete mecanic room.

At this point, the sketchs i've made before reading made more focus on the military' side. but in book, it's the sceintific side in first, (at this moment in any case) and military is only here to check access.
Want so to test some roughs with this ideas, and see if one of them could be exploitable.

;)

ThierryS
10-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi Swed, good luck to you! Will keep an eye open on this page:thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
10-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Good luck :)
You already read the book then you have a big advance on me ;)

JamesMK
10-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Nice to see your serious research :thumbsup:

About the singularity, it runs in the very center of the tube, along it's entire length (which is theoretically infinite). So just think of it as a central axis going from the top (or, say, left) cap of a cylinder, towards the bottom (or right) cap, which is way beyond the vanishing point in the extension of the seventh chamber.

Also, the singularity itself is not really a physical thing, rather a boundary effect where the laws of nature have collapsed (although in a controlled way).

Looking forward to see what you come up with here.

SweD
10-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Thierry, thank you to stopping here. Let's go for another challenge. Take the same and begin again :D

Hey Nicolas, thanks you dude ! See you next time maybe, for first sketchs.

James, you're right, singularity is a concept (I remember now the moment Patricia attempt to take the tube in her arms) and i'm ok for your precious explains.
If i've understand, the singularity (will call him like that) is such a "neon" tube in the very center !
In book, when Patricia enters in the 7th chamber, she look the tube to try seeing the end.
So tube is visible from ground. (I know that is maybe not really important...but I hate to ununderstand :D )
In my mind, and if I correclty understand what you said James, it's near of that (tell me if i'm wrong) :

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/chamber.jpg

:banghead:

TheSoracle
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Your ideas sound good so far. CLearly all of the book is starting to come together. I just got it and plan to read over weekend to get a better idea. Cant wait until i can see sketches or modelling.

- Steven

SweD
10-05-2006, 11:51 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160092265_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160092265_large.jpg)

This night, I decide to work on idea 2, with option "Patricia and Garry discovering the Street".
This work is about idea 1 et 2 both, so work on it is not a wast of time.

Patricia and Garry are facing of the bibliotheque, entering on the suspended bridge. Some change coming surely, but it's first to run the machine on.
few work too on the biblio' style, in two concepts, this building are the main.

Sorry for the bad quality of picture 1 and 2, i've shot with my APN.

SantoAnderson
10-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Sweet dude, I like the architecture.

Elendil_le_Grand
10-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Cool ;)
Me too ...

Lemog
10-06-2006, 09:24 AM
mmmh... no time... but I want to follow your thread too... it's already started very well... with a perfect care to the story... bon courage :thumbsup:

Nomad
10-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Bonjour Cyril.

You did a great work of research.. and the first sketch looks promising.

Good luck and have fun :thumbsup:

TheSoracle
10-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Agree with above, like the architecture. Can't wait til you put in more detail.

pikin
10-06-2006, 02:20 PM
looking forward to see the lighting of the scene :D

SweD
10-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Santo and Elendil, thank you both, I'm glad that it's in your taste. :)

Hey hey ! Lemog, it's always a pleasure to see you in my thread, more if you find little time for watching what i do. I know that your very busy with your hyper super mega project ( I watch your progress frequently) so... thanks Laurent. :bowdown:

Bonsoir Nomad :) (in french in the text :D )
Thanks for your kind words and good luck to you too !

Hey TheSoracle, thanks dude ! hope details come soon, even if i'm bad to put on in sketchs...maybe a digital paint on boxmodeling.

pikin, no problem, you come when you want, thank you to stopping here a few moment.

SweD
10-06-2006, 10:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160173712_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160173712_large.jpg)

It's time to do some drawing about the concept 3 , the scientists camp. It's not really impressive like that, but I think if I do a focus on the DOF and the train, it would be cool. Juste here the placement from my point of view, and some test to do with this train :)

Nothingness
10-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey SweD!

like the last concept too, lokking at the one from the scientific camp, i hope you're not forgetting that this chamer, like all chambers, is extremely wide!

The concept for the library could get extremely impressive if you try to get the size shown correctly. I'm not sure on what app you'll be using, but if you could implement a fisheye, it could blow our mind.

cheers

SweD
10-07-2006, 12:08 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160179693_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160179693_large.jpg)

here the first test for the train which go to the 7th chamber. :)
It can be possible to decline this one for the 6wheels vehicule of Garry.

SweD
10-07-2006, 01:44 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160185466_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160185466_large.jpg)

Color testing

AIR
10-07-2006, 06:57 AM
As you reached me first,my curiosity overtook my hunger,and here I am.
Theese sketches are great,and very informative for "Us" who never got to read this sci-fi.

I like the train concept,kinda retroish look to it.And the sketch for the research kamp,,It all takes shape in my head,just as it would be as If I've read the book.

Especially, Im lovin the tones test for the library,,no messing arround.

You just keep bulding your vision and I'l just keep coming for more... :)

Seeya Cyril :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
10-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes the train concept is really cool :)

jddog
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
wow great start, wish you all the best for the contest.
jdd

SweD
10-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Damir, thanks to stopping by. If Sketches can help, it's cool, but with care because it's my understanding way, maybe not the good way, we never know.
For the library, want to give an old used concrete-metal feeling from past to futur with totally changing architecture in the middle of the building, more cold, more futuristic and with enormous base, which can support big stucture.
Tones was choose to give the feeling of an abandonned city, cold and lonely, maybe not definitive.

In any case, see you here it's always a pleasure.

Hey Elendil thanks ! can't wait to see your first concept, are you ok with the book (think me I let him under my bed.... :scream: ) ?

Jddog thanks dude for coming and for your cool words. See you soon here or on your thread.

TheSoracle
10-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Niceness on the sketches. Really like them so far. Being sure to keep up, but still had no time to read book :p

SweD
10-08-2006, 03:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160319644_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160319644_large.jpg)

Hi guys, here the final character after some search about the scientist and military guard.
I've took my inspirations in movies like Hellboy, Captain sky, and works of Jean-paul Gaultier on the fifth element movie.

Scientist dress will be blue, as it describe in the book, and some parts green (to recall access level).
Military dress will be in black leather, with some parts khaki green, kevlar on chest, and a tazer stick.

Tenacious
10-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey nice concepts, its interesting to see how other people have imagined to same scene differently. I like your concept for the scientist. Good luck with this and I'm looking forward to seeing more work posted here.

Lemog
10-09-2006, 06:11 AM
I really appreciate the train for sure... and the 2 guys are good too... that start more of good... good elements, good recipe... :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
10-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Yes i like them ...
And me who don't find an idea :shrug:
Wainting for the next ;)
+

SweD
10-09-2006, 07:41 AM
TheSoracle, thanks dude ! I've found again the book under my bed ( :p ), and read it this weekend, 2 hundred pages, but really difficult to follow...hard style of writing. I don't know if it's me or the book... :scream:

Tenacious, thanks to stopping here few moment, you'll always welcome here. Thanks for comment and good luck for your insane project :thumbsup:

Laurent, thanks, I don't know why but I was sure a retro stylish train could be in your taste :rolleyes:

Elendil, thanks friend :) Rest lots of weeks to find and exploitable idea. I'm not worried about you :thumbsup:

I've now the scientist, military guard, and the train, (train for chamber 7, or wheels variant for chamber 2). Now I'll work on garry and patricia to finish characters.
And after that....the city or camp, when i decide one of two i'll take.

Thanks for support guys :bowdown:

flaeticia
10-09-2006, 08:54 AM
yo boy :)

thats a very good point to you !
These sketch are very good and the design of this two character is cool too !
So now lets go with the organic modeling ... maybe Zbrushing ? :D
(i love this term zbrushing, its like what i do every morning :D a brushing :D )
(personal joke of course :D) ;);)

good luck cyril

Lemog
10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
(i love this term zbrushing, its like what i do every morning :D a brushing :D )
(personal joke of course :D)

I always like your blond jokes Flae :scream: always terribly you :thumbsup:

Sorry for the out subject Cyril :)

SweD
10-09-2006, 09:41 AM
No problem Laurent, don't worry. But please don't talk about hair, it's a sensible subject to me since i've opened 3ds :scream: :cool:

Laeticia...girls and her bathroom ! thanks god, mankind have created hairbrush and hair drier :rolleyes: :p

To answer your question, modeling will be done with 3dstudio max, maybe Zbrush too, depend on the cam angle and distance from the main characters. :)
Thanks for your comment. :thumbsup:

SweD
10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160400375_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160400375_large.jpg)

Here the final rush for the cityspace concept.
If I decide to take this option, it's from street of Alexandrie, as final picture, to an Alexandrie cityscape for the movie sequence, with a simple camera travelling.
Now must to work on the Scientist Camp concept, to make my choice quickly.

mv
10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Et Julien il fait pas le concours? :)

SweD
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
héhé Mathias...
Tu connais assez Julien je pense pour savoir que c'est pas trop son truc, et en plus il est assez occupé en ce moment :)
J'ai eu vent de ta migration a Darkworks, je te felicite, tu passeras le bonjour à Nicolas, le game designer, de la part d'un vieux pote de BTS ;)

ChewyPixels
10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Good start. However, I think the tube should be much, much higher off in the distance and not so close to the buildings. At least that is what I perceive from the book's description.

Keep going. :wip:

TheSoracle
10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Ooo, character sketches. Nice. I like your starting model of the city, as simple as it is, I love the perspective and lighting already :p.

SweD
10-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey Jedi-Juice, you're definitly right for the tube's higher, i've saw same things about it, but i think that, good worked, this tube can be a great architectural element to cut the break point of the perspective.
Of course, it's equivalent of saying i'll take some liberties with the original script.

TheSoracle thanks mate. Perspective was deformed with an eyefish cam, and for the lightning...it's just a diffuse light ;)

SweD
10-10-2006, 11:59 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160481550_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160481550_large.jpg)

Hi all ;)

Even if i've made some testing for the scientists bootcamp, i think and i'm sure that the city of Alexandrie wiil be more impressive than the camp. As i work in architectural viewing, i'm too more clean and ok with a city than a desertic DOF. So, i introduced you the DISCOVERING ALEXANDRIE project !! (trumpets please... :scream: ) which will be my concept on this challenge.
And As i've already the composition, i've begin the modeling ! :bounce: (my favorite part)

So here the first modeling WIP of this challenge for me, on the library. ;)

SweD
10-10-2006, 02:40 PM
lil' close up :)

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/library2.jpg

Nothingness
10-10-2006, 02:44 PM
hey SweD,

nice updates here.

i was thinking, i remeber in the book patricia noticed - when going to the first library - that at a lot of stores and buildings the name or story was written in different languages. Maybe something interesting to play with?

just an idea, you know.

keep up the good work

SweD
10-10-2006, 02:48 PM
oh man, Nico, this is a great info you got here, I've missed this detail ! (really don't remember :curious: ). Thanks for this add, and for support :thumbsup:

Nothingness
10-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey Ciryl,

i'm not sure if it was the library, but i remember that it was on the stores in the first city she visited.
It was when she noticed that all the windows was shattered - maybe a nice detail too - and summoned the languages.

cheers

Lemog
10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Much originality in the design... a bit of Art Déco... good to see... I like much... continue like that Cyril :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
10-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah i like it me too :)

SweD
10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
heyhé ! thanks both friends ! hope this original style can be ok with the retro futuristic style from the rest of the building...and vehicules ! ;)
Thanks for always support :thumbsup:

thelostcucumber
10-11-2006, 01:17 PM
really cool! I like your design of the library. I'm having the hardest time on mine. The design of the skyline is also looking good. Keep this up, Swe!

-Espen

TheSoracle
10-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Great details on the pillars. Loving your concept so far, really nice. I like the lighting too lol, even if it still is early.

Zapan
10-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Heya Cyril ...

Full modeling speed as I see .... the details are great and the design really pleasant and original ...

Just can't wait for more ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

nerdyninja
10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
beautiful work! I like all the detail and effort you put into your projects! Research is very important when I do any work and it looks like you do the same.

Cant wait to see more

I wish i could help more but I have not read the book.

GonzaloGolpe
10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Cool job! I wish you all the good luck and I´ll be watching to your progress:thumbsup:

SweD
10-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Hey thelostcucumber, thanks to stopping here few moment anf thanks for your comment !

TheSoracle, glad you like it ! always the lightning....:scream:

Hi Zapan, modeling speed...yes...thanks to Roberto Ortiz and his hardcore modeling session thanks neighboor ! :scream:

Nerdyninja ! so much pleasure to see you in my thread again ! :D
yes I do some search, because this subject need this, i'm not a specialist of the SF so...try hard ...and hope to be ok with the book...almost :) !
happy to see you here girl !

Heyhé Gonzalo, thanks friend, same in return, come here when you want, you're always welcome, thanks for support :thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
10-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Heyhé Gonzalo, thanks friend, same in return, come here when you want, you're always welcome, thanks for support :thumbsup:

Cool, thanks for the invitation!Next time I arrive here, as a good guest, I´ll bring a spanish omelette with a good wine ok?:scream: :D

See ya!

SweD
10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Cool, thanks for the invitation!Next time I arrive here, as a good guest, I´ll bring a spanish omelette with a good wine ok?:scream: :D
okéééé ! please let me choose the wine(the pleasure of the hoster) , a good St emilion, Pessac-Leognan, or a Pomerol ! (I live in Bordeaux, french wine city :scream: ) I let you bring tapas (omelette, chorizo, serano ?) and beer ! :beer:

tsss...and the challenge ?? hum ? :p ..

GonzaloGolpe
10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
ooh Bourdeaux...definitely I only bring the tapas hahahah.

What challenge?..oh, yeah, I see...go go!:scream: :D :arteest:

SweD
10-12-2006, 09:57 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160690242_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160690242_large.jpg)

Hi,

Not enough time today to do some modeling, juste test for the second part of the building, which will define all design of the city.
I don't know why, i've a picture in my mind and I associate Alexandrie with a kind of necromanger architecture...some concrete and metal. I've no pretention to say that I remake the necromonger style, just some test... :)

iNcurSioN
10-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Nice! Really loving the details you're putting into this library section.

My favourite piece you've done so far has to be the train concept, that really is amazing stuff! :bounce: And I'm the same when it comes to modelling, it's definately the best, most fun and rewarding part of 3D when you sit back after adding all those little details and go "damn that actually looks good!" :P hehe.

Will be checking your stuff :D

SweD
10-12-2006, 11:35 PM
hey thanks for your comment :) modeling is, as you said, definitively best part of the project for sur. With this option of concept, i hope to create a good wheel version of my train, maybe.
You can check, it's always plaisant to count on new support :beer:

taavi
10-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Lovely details :)
Have You planned to use any glass surfaces?

GonzaloGolpe
10-12-2006, 11:53 PM
It´s looking great! but there´s a thing.. the "library" notice and on the top, that strange symbols. I think, I mean, perhaps I´d delete the "library" and put a mixture of symbols. An ancient one ( a book ) and a modern, something regarding the new culture, or the chamber or the Stone. "Library" reminds me to a typical...library hahah I´m a master explaining myself:scream:

...Anyway, just an idea. See ya!:thumbsup:

SweD
10-13-2006, 12:12 AM
thanks taavi ! glasses surface : yes !! where ? i don't know !:scream:
surely on the high part of the building, but at this time, it's too early to say exactly how this will be, some search again to do for this. ;)

Gonzalo, you know what ? you're totally right. I've test this runes typo today, and she's more in the style. i think that as you say, put symbols or runes again instead the "Library" will be more efficient. thannnnnks master of personal explain ! :D

GonzaloGolpe
10-13-2006, 12:24 AM
I´m glad that you´ve understood me cause I didn´t hahaha, D´OH!:D

Jonesisme
10-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Which library is this?

SweD
10-13-2006, 12:34 AM
hi Jonesisme, this is the Library of the second chamber, Alexandrie, or must i say, my personal vision of this library ;)

ReinaldoRomero
10-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey SweD, i dont belive i haven't check your entry before :blush:
I love your modeling, allways have a neoclasic feeling... I am really expecting for the animation hoho, sure it would be nice...btw, very funny thread you have here hehe.
Keep roking friend :buttrock:

SweD
10-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey Reinaldo ! i don't believe it too mate ! :scream: thanks for your sweet words ! i'll expecting too your precious advices, like the last time, D.A brotha ! :D

ReinaldoRomero
10-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Hehe ill do what i can :D

Lemog
10-13-2006, 05:46 AM
It's a really good idea to replace "library" by some runes worlds as Mister Zalo said... I wait your next stylich update impatiently :thumbsup:

SweD
10-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey Laurent, glad this is in your taste :) Today, i follow my idea on the modeling style, and replace english by ancien runes.
Gonzalo have a really good critic on this point, i'm ok with that, you're ok with that too as i see ;) so...opening 3d studio max...:D

... Spain one point !, Espagne un point ! :scream:

flaeticia
10-13-2006, 08:19 AM
yo cyril !
great design and this gi render is very sweet :)
cant wait to see more of your work :)

daWinky
10-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey Cyril,

it was very inspiring to have a look through your thread:thumbsup: ! You've already done great work here, both with research and developing the first concepts - I like the style very much:) ! Alexandria seems to be a good choice and the start with the library is already very promising...I'm curious to see more now!

Cheers,

-sabrina

varma
10-13-2006, 11:14 AM
That library entree is really really cool! Actually Cool thread throughout!
Good luck!
:)

taavi
10-13-2006, 11:57 AM
thanks taavi ! glasses surface : yes !! where ? i don't know !:scream:
surely on the high part of the building, but at this time, it's too early to say exactly how this will be, some search again to do for this. ;)

Gonzalo, you know what ? you're totally right. I've test this runes typo today, and she's more in the style. i think that as you say, put symbols or runes again instead the "Library" will be more efficient. thannnnnks master of personal explain ! :D

Runes might be the right choice. Also chinese stylized pictograms might look great.

And good luck in material-hunting!

SweD
10-13-2006, 12:05 PM
yep Laeticia ! thanks for support, girl ! i hope to do an upload in end of this afternoon or at the begining of this evening, if all is alright. :)

Hi Sabrina, i'm proud of fact you find my thread inspiring ! :blush: hope to satisfy your curiousity soon ;) thanks for your sweet words, and to be here :)

Hey Mathias, thanks dude ! good luck to you, and important : have fun ;)

edit : taavi, i've do some test and it's right, it's more logical with runes. Chinese pictos, maybe but on another building, i think the front of the library is a little too full of detail now :)
Thanks for your interest friend ! :thumbsup:

See you all before end of day for another up i hope !

GonzaloGolpe
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
... Spain one point !, Espagne un point ! :scream:

LOL! I fell on the ground.. PLON!!

nerdyninja
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Looks great! i wanted to show my support as well. I loved what you did on the last challenge as well and this one looks like it is going to be even greater! :thumbsup:

jtaddei
10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Swed,

This is my first contest here and I will be sure to follow your progress.

I like what you have so far.

SweD
10-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Celine..... :love: ...no say...thanks :)

Hey jtaddei, welcome aboard and glad you've found interest on my thread !

SweD
10-13-2006, 05:01 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160758880_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1160758880_large.jpg)

hi again all !
As i've said, here the "to be continued..." library !
nothing special to say, i've follow my idea on a very different style compare to the main stoned entry.

SweD
10-13-2006, 05:04 PM
here another view and some close up :)

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/wip07.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/closeup01.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/closeup02.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/closeup03.jpg

iNcurSioN
10-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Nice details coming along there man! Loving where you're going with this, kinda has a chronicles of riddick feel to it in a way :thumbsup:

mv
10-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I gotta say that I realy like this architecture :) sort of gotham city-ish style... nice nice, keep it up.

Jonesisme
10-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Man, I'm gonna keep a close eye on you. That is crazy detail and you seem to work so quickly. Will your scene hava a city too?

SweD
10-13-2006, 09:27 PM
thanks incursion, maybe it look like a riddick necromonger's building, maybe as said Mathias, gotham city :) Cubic archi style, height, color are similar, that said to me i'm in SF style. no ? :scream:

Thanks Mathias, lots of building to do, i keep up and hope the final city could be great in large view.

Jonesisme yes, there will be a city, a big city, a megapole !!...if i can :D

whoooossh baby !:bounce:

gpepper
10-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Wow ! modeling, modeling !
Great start Cyril !

SweD
10-14-2006, 12:56 PM
hey thanks Gilles :) glad you like it !

This night, i've read the complet FAQ, and i've discover a point i've misunderstood. I understand now the 3d model section is like a hardcore modeling challenge, to see accuracy on difficult and details modeling (i think the "declic" is about reading the topic of jedi-juice, so thanks).
So here no postwork or else, and I think I'll soon make an entry in Illustration section to complete what I have in mind.

So I will focus here on architectural things, of course, and three caracters if i can : Patricia, Garry and A library guard.

ReinaldoRomero
10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow it looks frikin awesome, some good texturing and a camera traveling and it would kick ashes :buttrock:
Your modeling rocks! Keep it up SweD! :bounce:

Nothingness
10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
great work on the building man !

love the detail as well.

only crit is about the blocks below the pillars of the entrance. The shape looks out of style compared to the rest. And it looks a little funny too!

cheers

iNcurSioN
10-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Damn! I just read that now that you peaked my interest in the matter Cyril.

Illustrations are all we previously had in the challenges. 2D / 3D work, post-processing, go and make some final artwork. For the 3D Scene, we're after a really well-done model (of an environment or an object), which you'll show us with a short animation (eg. a turntable or flythrough).

Although I dont think 4-8 seconds of flythrough animation will fully do most models justice, but then i suppose it depends on the model you're doing, mine is going to have lots of hallways and stuff inside the building aswell as the detailing I plan on doing on the outside, hard to cover all that in 8 seconds *sigh*

Oh, and can't wait for another update btw :thumbsup:

SweD
10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
héhé Reinaldo, thanks mate :) i'm not on textures for the moment, but can't wait to be at this step ! hand painted powaa ! :bounce:

nico's return ! :scream: .. I'm precisely work on friend !

Andy, 8 seconds is not maximum of time you can do. If we want, we can do more, ther's no limit if I've correctly all understand ;)
I advise you (and others are not completely sure like me) to read the complete FAQ like i've do, it take a moment, because lots of questions, but I've find all answers i needed.
Shame on me, i've not read all the first time, i flew a few over it, and now, i've the power, i KNOW ! :scream:

iNcurSioN
10-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh i see... They should really word the main competition section better then, instead of us having to read through an FAQ that I didn't realise I needed to read as I had no burning questions or "what if's" after all, FAQs arent exactly "MUST READ THIS" material.

Thanks for clearing that up though mate :wise:

TheSoracle
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
HOLY MOLEY!!! Talk about detail.... Looks friggin awesome. I love it so far. The details are so good, and so is the overall model. I love it soo much.

Keep up the awesome work Cyril!!!

-Steven

makaron
10-14-2006, 09:28 PM
that´s one sweet looking library... impressive entrence... to a grand building... :bounce:

Well done Cyril...

varma
10-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Awsome structure! I'm sure it will look as great in a black and white classic pencil
drawing!
If all your buildings are going to be this good, then we can expect a magnificent
city to come!
More, more, more!!!
:bounce:

GonzaloGolpe
10-15-2006, 01:03 AM
It´s coming along coooool!! a great entrance...

how if you put a notice like...library or something like that? :P :P ok I´ll go to sleep:D

SweD
10-15-2006, 01:15 AM
:cry: Gonzalo
I let you 15 seconds to run...fastly...:scream:
Thanks for your friendly comin' :beer:

Hey Mathias, really thanks, i hope all building i could make will be like that ! huge city ! keep hope, keep hope ! :scream:

Thanks for you comment too Mona, glad you like this work !

HOLY MOLEY Steven ! lol (don't know this one) thanks for your support !

Thanks all friends !

Tenacious
10-15-2006, 01:28 AM
That is Awesome! I'm really impressed. I'm especially interested in the type appearing on the building. Any chance of seeing a wire of that part? Well regardless of whether you post it I think it looks really good and gives an excellent representation of the library in Alexandria. I'm going to go away and try a bit harder now I think.

Nothingness
10-15-2006, 11:29 AM
nico's return ! :scream: .. I'm precisely work on friend !

haven't been away! :twisted:
just too busy with my sistem that will need repair to a pump for the cooling of my cpuA. Seems the problem was there since i bought it. I have it for 10 months now. :argh:
so i hope i can backup everything soon or all will be lost when the screw up the repair :banghead:

SweD
10-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Anthony :blush: thanks. You doing too a really hard work, and i'm sure it wille be rocks !
Here what you want for the type :

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/type.jpg

type used is Anghertas Morias, you can find her here (http://www.dafont.com/fr/angerthas-moria.font)

Hey Nico, sorry i've understand that you couldn't be in the place for one week...isn't you ? (i'm going to be crazy...must sleep :scream: )
I've me too known such things in other challenge with a HDD crash, so I understand you ! hope you can recover all your precious files.

polygonwarrior
10-15-2006, 06:52 PM
hey you are already in the thread before me.thanks for the welcome.best of luck to u 2.

taavi
10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Ten points!
(from Estonia)
;)

Tenacious
10-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey Swed thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to post that for me. Much appreciated. Don't worry I'm not using the font in my work. I just wanted to see how you modelled it. Thinking about using a similar technique to add detail to pillars in my piece. Thanks again.

daWinky
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Cyril,

very nice mix of styles for your library, I really like how this is coming along:thumbsup: !
I just read that you're also a little confused with the category for your entry...so you plan to move this tread completly to the illustration section or just start a new thread with a different scene...:shrug: ? I'm just curious...:D

-sabrina

SweD
10-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks Cubisis, for your support and for stopping by.

lol Taavi, please, tell me that i've no obligation to sing hard rock hallelujah ! :scream:

Yo Anthony, no soucy,i'm not worried, possibly you can use it if you want it, it's not a problem for me, i'vn't a copyright on this type !

Hey Sabrina thanks :)
Yes indeed, i've read FAQ and i realized that this new challenge was different than old, and multiplied entries said multiplied concept. I will have not the time to make and work on another concept, this will be not serious.
So i'll stay in 3D model section i think, (i begun, i finish) and expose a final image with postwork later, in 3D stills section.
Or maybe here too, if i've time.

thelostcucumber
10-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I just love your library design more and more! Really well done, man.

-Cucumber

SweD
10-16-2006, 02:24 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161008666_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161008666_large.jpg)

Hey again,

I've now finished the first part of the library building.I'm going to make the second part.
Go more quickly if possible for this high part, i've some building to still do.

SweD
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Some close up from the final, as always ;)

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/close.jpg

iNcurSioN
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
VERY *beep*ing sweet update Cyril my man :thumbsup: that's some damn fine details if I do say so myself! :bounce:

GonzaloGolpe
10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
:applause:

simply.

This is one of my favourites entry.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :buttrock:

GonzaloGolpe
10-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh, one thought. I know I´m a tedious guy about the prints but do you want to keep the Lord of the Rings print style? Maybe you should invent a particular and different vocabulary. Imagine that you work on Eon movie. At last, we see the picture at theatres: next scene, a general view of Alexandria Library and the audience says, oh! these are the LOFTR runes!oh my!! It´d become in a big NO:)

Anyway, just an opinion ;)

See ya!!

iNcurSioN
10-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Lol, they're not from Lord of the Rings though, they're nordic runes from back in the Viking days, or at least based on them. Lord of the Rings text is like this :

http://www.physics.mcmaster.ca/vandalfs/latex/elvish2.gif
Quite a difference :wise: lol. :bounce:

GonzaloGolpe
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
no Andy, in the book there are different prints. You´ve put one of them. Look at this:

http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_news.htm

SweD
10-16-2006, 10:16 PM
It's similar true...type is called Anghertas Moria (like in LOTR it's true too...) So i keep possibility to change it, all depend on the visibility in the final scene.
Thanks indeed Gonzalo and Andy for your interest on my project ! :thumbsup::thumbsup: it's really appreciable.

SweD
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161040081_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161040081_large.jpg)

this is the rythm of the night....the night... :p
Some test here, to verify scale for other building. I think i'll make them larger but finer.
This give a massive aspect to the library in my opinion.
Must to still work on other building of course.

iNcurSioN
10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh ok then, I take it back Gonzalo, sorry :) but the type is very similar to Nordic runes like this:
http://nlpagan.net/runes/runic1.gif

Anyway... Amazing how that's coming along man, what 3d program / renderer and lighting did you use? Oh and also how did you get that nice soft glow to it? I got my own technique in max but it doesnt always come out that good, did you just photoshop that on afterwards or is it in the renderer?

Lemog
10-17-2006, 05:03 AM
The architecture is very good Cyril, that work well, impressive :thumbsup:

SweD
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey Andy, want to be right man ! lol
In fact you're right too because elfic type of the LOTR is very similar to your Nordic runes (it is necessary well that take inspiration somewhere :scream:). I think elfic type, nordic type or celtic type, we can call taht only runes, simply.

Anoway for your else question, i use 3d studio max, with vray render, one vray light in this scene, and a little postwork in toshop with some effects, like diffuse light :)

Hey hi Laurent ! thank you to stopping by to let me your impressions, your good impressions ( :D )

Today i hop to take the time to work on the second building. I think, for the moment, i'll wait a few moment before making the second part of the library. Want to see how it (global) become before. Go ooon !

fellah
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
nice clean stylish shapes! looks like you are aiming big with this.. i hope you dont take water over your head! if not, sure it will be one of the better entries..!

mv
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Yep, really like the architecture too, very massive and "épuré", but still detailed, good work!

iNcurSioN
10-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Ahh right, same as me then :) although most of my renders have the lighting detail turned down so I can render it fast enough to not fall asleep waiting to see how it looks :shrug: lol.

What indirect illum combination do u use for primary and secondary bounce? I use QMC and Light Cache.

GonzaloGolpe
10-17-2006, 09:43 AM
OH, so cool, marvellous ( I´m finishing the english adjectives that I know,haha )

Andy, it´s okay. No problem:thumbsup:

SweD
10-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey fellah, if i follow my way of doing, and remain concentrated, no reason to take water (i hope too) :D
i'm proud you think such thing about my entry, thank for that kind words !

Hi Mathias, thanks mate ! try to do the best. It will be an other game for caracters :scream:

Andy, i use too the default QMC sampler, with irradiance map in primary bounce, multiplier 1, and 0,85 for the second, antialiaser mitchell-Netravalli. Not any more at this step.
I've chance to have a really good pc, so no problem with waiting.

Gonzalo, cool and marvellous ! ...RHAA two words only ?? tsss :scream: :scream: , another time, thanks friend ! ;)

SweD
10-17-2006, 01:30 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161091802_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161091802_large.jpg)

add some details to the second building :)

johnnymaster
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
nice architecture! I'm looking forward for more!

varma
10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
That's some terrific shading work and it really does your structure justice!
I especially like the choice of narrow glass on the facade, gives it contrast
and character!
Can't wait to see your other buildings!
Crazy thread indeed!
:thumbsup:

ChewyPixels
10-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Ah, the library is impressive! If you have time near the end, you should add some people to give that sense of immense scale.

Looking forward to the next update.

nwiz25
10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
woweeeeeee! :eek: superb modeling mate! :love:

damn ... i as far as 3d is concerned .... i just dont kno wat to say ... :| ... the level of realism is just overwhelming!

good on ya mate! cheeeeeeers! wishing u da very best of luck! :thumbsup:

SweD
10-17-2006, 11:17 PM
hey jonnhymaster, thanks, come when you want, feedbakcs are always welcome ! :)

Hi again Varma, thanks, i've almost finished this one, if all turn good, tomorrow afternoon i go to another buidling.
Crazy thread for crazy guy ! :scream: :twisted:

Jedi-Juice, caracters are envisaged, hope to have enough time to do them. thanks for your interest !

woowweeeee nwiz25 ! :D thanks for your kind words !

rendez-vous for the next update friends ! :applause:

OKMER
10-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Wohooo, can't say much about 3D, but I can say your work is totally amazing!!!
Keep m coming mate,awesome!

gardogg
10-18-2006, 06:54 AM
I like the library alot. You could be a architect! I also am impressed by how well you display your work.

bearfoot
10-18-2006, 07:47 AM
hey cyril - nice modelling !! keep up the good work !

cheers

ThierryS
10-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Great model I like this style Cyril, keep it going like this! Top work man:thumbsup:

SweD
10-18-2006, 12:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161174521_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161174521_large.jpg)

hi all,
just add this morning few more details, not too much, make the door and entrance wall.
This building is finished for me, begin another one. :)

SweD
10-18-2006, 12:36 PM
hey Okmer, thanks to stopping by and for your comment ! :)

gardogg, maybe could i be an archi, but want it ? omg noooooooo ! or maybe if i can made Scifi help social building ! :D
For the works display, i work a lot on details, it will be stupid to lost them in a poor modeling thread, so i display them. you don't think so ? :)

yeah bearfoor, thanks guy !

hey Thierry, happy to see you here again, and thanks for your comment ! i've see your recent update and your last work is excellent ! :thumbsup:

hobo
10-18-2006, 12:55 PM
looking forward to seeing more of this. Nice details.

jddog
10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
wow it's crazy, wonderful model Cyril !
jdd

gpepper
10-18-2006, 02:09 PM
ça déchire bien celui-là Cyril !

Great model !

angel
10-18-2006, 02:09 PM
really good modeling so far, keep at it!

OZ
10-18-2006, 03:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOAH!!! g...great stuff here! cool in design...brilliant in the realization...and very inspired (hope i write everything in correct english...hem...blush).
This thread is a surprise...I got little time to visit other people thread (and this is a sin...SAAAD)..but i will be back for sure...my compliments,and keep it up!

-OZ-

jamwae
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
wow, that building is great. I was totally imagining the architecture looking like that. Great job!

Gunilla
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Beautiful modeling! The detailing is awesome :)

destruct007
10-18-2006, 06:11 PM
what's inspiring in your design is, your sence of scale. I'm really trying to achive that in my own work. Your designs are huge, yet make sence on the person sized level as well. The right amount of detail... I can't say enough how hard scale is. In cg in general it's a hard thing to get right. b/c on a computer it's completely relative.
I studied Architecture in collage and your design is just so believable! What artists inspired you on this?

mv
10-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I gotta say that, design-wise, I prefered it when it was more "épuré" .... all those "technological" details feels a bit too much and out of style... maybe they just are a bit too prominent..

GonzaloGolpe
10-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey Cyril! It´s coming along great but I agree with my predecessor in this thread,hehe. I think the building elements like this door are too..."80´s" :D They should be more like the building structure, with those curves... I mean, why don´t you take a look at art decó and nouveau stuff? Maybe I´d be interesting.

Good job again,anyway!!:scream: :bounce:

JamesMK
10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
I can agree there's an 80's feel - I immediately thought "Bladerunner" actually - BUT I really can't say there's anything wrong with that really... In fact, I quite like it just the way it is at this point, although it lost some scale somehow, but that might be the birdseye perspective playing tricks on me here.

But simply épuré the noveau petit eclaire and... umm... decapité the general consommé, and you'll be fine!

GonzaloGolpe
10-18-2006, 09:07 PM
No I don´t want to say that there´s something wrong anymore. It´s coming along very cool. I only suggest that perhaps the decoration could be a little bit different like this structure building..don´t know...

"But simply épuré the noveau petit eclaire and... umm... decapité the general consommé, and you'll be fine!"

great sentence!:D

Peter-Eriksson
10-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Great models man. This challange will be very interesting to follow, superb illustrations, 3D scene's and Trailers.
/peter

mv
10-18-2006, 10:37 PM
But simply épuré the noveau petit eclaire and... umm... decapité the general consommé, and you'll be fine!

looooooooooooooool

SweD
10-18-2006, 11:14 PM
wow lots of feedbacks during my absence, and a fantastic sentence of James MK ! :scream:
try to answers.

hobo, jddog, gpepper, snows, thanks for your interest and kind words all !

Oz many thanks ! compliments are always understanding, good english or not ! :scream: and it's not really myself who can criticize men who don't speak a very good english... :rolleyes:

Jamwae and gunilla, thanks both guyz !

hey destruct007, I take my inspiration on lots of artists and movies, mv talk about gotham city, another about riddick, it's both true, you can add bladerunner of course, the 5th element too... I'm not used to work in SF, so i take the most known reference and try to make all with my little style.
mv himself is a source of inspirations, like other guyz i see on cgtalk and elsewhere who workin in SF style, but i don't know all names, all my apologies.

mathias, out of style or out of scale ? in large view, all details desapear a few but maybe it's the left pipes group who is indeed a bit prominent as you said. I've not work this evening and i see it with the passing time maybe this one need more final improvements.

héhé Gonzalo, The art nouveau style, i would to keep this one for the library, this entrance is personnal to this building, and let him out of the rest, recognizable immediatly.
You and James have uncovered me for the bladerunner 80's style.

And if you James agree on the lost of scale, maybe there is a problem really with this.

""" "But simply épuré the noveau petit eclaire and... umm... decapité the general consommé, and you'll be fine!"""" :surprised
this is spectacular ! nothing to say, agree with mathias -> looooooool !
it's a pleasure to see others have more problem with french than me with english....or maybe not... :D

Coolkonrad thanks to stopping by :)

Thank you all mate to take time for giving your opinion on my work, and helping me to make a more powerfull stuff !

Scotti Leslie
10-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Wow SweD, beautiful building, I am test modeling some skyscrapers myself for a city scene
and I am going to have to start over now! LOL. Great stuff. How many Polys?

XTitan
10-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Beautiful work, I really love it.

jddog
10-19-2006, 08:29 AM

that's look like my english sometimes... I think I write like this most of the time here... :argh:

Cyril... btw the comment about purity in the architecture can take in cosideration... but still a personal pov...

Julien

DSedov
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I just love the way those buildings turned out! Excelent. Will the whole city have this sort of style? How many more buildings do you plan to do?

Suirebit
10-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Beautifull :) Those buildings look great

SweD
10-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi again all,

after taken some days to take a breath and continue to read the book, return on this one.
with some test and trying.

Scotti Leslie, waiting to see yours, and i've no idea of the poly count, promise, i'll take a look on.

Xtitan, thanks dude :)

Hey Julien, yes i've simply epuré le nouveau petit eclaire, like said James :scream:

Desdov, yes mate, i try to stylized whole city in this architectural style. Hope to make 7-8 buildings, duplicate them to put im in background, and make some else if necessary.
Tha,ks for your interest :)

Suirebit, thanks for your words

SweD
10-24-2006, 11:10 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161688218_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1161688218_large.jpg)

try to simplify archi style, and work on another entrance...not to happy with this one too, but stay at this step for now, and work an another building to see what is possible to do with.

targus
10-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Strong and heavy.. i thing it's perfect for future architect style :)

Lemog
10-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Whouw my friend, I envy you with this archi... very imaginative and so great... really appreciate... the continuation looks perfect... encore... encore... encore :scream::thumbsup:

krrrk
10-25-2006, 06:47 AM
wow, those are some impressive looking buildings
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: nice job

chaitanyak
10-25-2006, 11:56 AM
hey man! great camera angles, hope u use an angle like them in your final... great details too...! :wip:

daWinky
10-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Hey Cyril,

impressive work on your buildings, I like both, the details and the overall view...:thumbsup: , great capture of the scale...I want to see more!:bounce:

-sabrina

SweD
10-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Targus thanks for your comment dude !

Laurent, always here, it's plaisant :) This is the result too of my job on critics and comments from others, so thanks others :scream: glad you appreciate it ! ca arrive...ca arrive...ca arrive... ! :beer:

Thanks for your comment and stopping by krrrk.

Chaitanyak, thanks. As you said, this cam angle could be interesting with other building, it give a good height impression, an can be interesting from details on floor and foreplan to top of the building in sky. Wait and see...

Sabrina hey ! want to see more ? :bounce: hope to show more soon. Some professional projects at this time, that made me slow but i'm not stopped, hope to do an update in few time.
Thanks for your words :)

Tenacious
10-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey just had a look at your building, very nice. Is it going to look like that in the final? Or are you going to use a different texture on it. Either way good work, keep it up. I hope your work doesn't hold you back too much.

AndreiSzasz
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM
nice modeling
your buidings are looking better and better.
i'm just whaiting to see em done .
i'm verry curious to see how would look your final scene.
good luck ;)

SweD
10-30-2006, 08:00 AM
thanks you both friends !
Anthony, yes i've work this last week on some texturing test for this building. Not yet satisfied for now, I've not the tones I want.
But i think i'll still wait to think texturing, wait to have more of buildings, and more details in this city scene, to let the logicals tones come to me :scream:

Thanks for comment Andrei, i've take care of comments and i've delete some details to keep the massive and "purified" feeling. Think it will be great with a group of buildings.

Updates are made wait i'm sorry but promise, it's coming soon.

SweD
10-30-2006, 02:55 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162223712_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162223712_large.jpg)

hi all !
After a few days of inactivity, here a test for blocking buildings. Not really final shot, because i've some building to model to not have a repetition feeling.
Test of blocking and test of POV, with a biped, place of landier or patricia, or both.

Nothingness
10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Great work Cyril !

so mych detail on the buildings. Only thing i noticed in the last renderer is that the perspective of the entrance to the library seems odd. It's like it's from a total different perspective. Now for the rest you can see a little too much deformation from the fish-eye effect.
I think you're working with 3dmax so maybe there is a way to get a real fish-eye technique if you want to go with this kind of perspective! It would sertainly add some value if you got the perspective nice.

but since this might not be a final POV, we'll have to see later on!

keep up the good work man!

johnnymaster
10-31-2006, 05:24 AM
very nice work!:thumbsup: The library has some beautiful shapes, i'm also very curious to see your characters!

daWinky
10-31-2006, 05:24 AM
Morning Cyril,

great to see an update and your buildings so far together, I really like your vision of futuristic architecture:) ...already an impressive feeling for the scale:thumbsup: , and I agree with Nico here, perhaps a little playing around with the camera settings can make even more...

-sabrina

SweD
10-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Morning all :)

yes Nico there is a fish-eye effect with Vray indeed which was used in others renders and not for this one. I want to make it without effect to see the real scale and i've working again on, because some building seems to be too small.
I don't know if this Pov will be the final, but i guess use a similar camera view, to keep scale, so i think this one is approaching the final shot nevertheless.

Hey Linh, thanks for your comment, hope to finish fastly the details for the city to create characters soon.

Sabrina thanks again friend such a pleasure to receive some comments like this. :) Ok too with the fish-eye ! ;)

GonzaloGolpe
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
With your permission, I´m gonna take a walk over there ok?It looks cool!:scream:

Tenacious
11-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Thats just sweet. It really has the scale you'd percieve in a city. I hope my buildings will turn out half as good as yours have. This is really starting to take shape. :thumbsup:

spire
11-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Your last submitted image is really great.Very good point of view. Well done!

Spire.

SweD
11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
hey Gonzalo, take a walk on this wide side my friend ! Maybe can you come here ride on your flying tree ! :scream:

Thanks Anthony for your comment, i'm not worried about your work, it come along very nice.

Hey Spire, thank you guy, glad you like this POV ! :thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
11-02-2006, 08:52 AM
ride on your flying tree ! :scream:

I knew it, I knew it!!hahaha:buttrock:

nerdyninja
11-02-2006, 05:51 PM
everything looks very beautiful and I love the renderings so far. Cant wait to see it when you have done a bit more work on it that you spoke of.:thumbsup:

Jonesisme
11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I love how your work is progressing and I admire your attention to detail keep it up!

TheSoracle
11-03-2006, 02:43 AM
This can only be described as ULTIMATE AWESOMENESS!!! :D Looks amazing so far. Love the perspective and overall feel of the building.

Keep up awesome work man :thumbsup:

thondal
11-03-2006, 06:42 AM
shweet buildings!! Currently just started on Alexandria, and i have to come up with some ideas with some buildings, but I know they won´t be close to this great! Good luck, and again, SHWEET!

-thondal-

SweD
11-03-2006, 07:05 AM
morning friends,

Celine, thanks girl for your sweet comment ! I'm currently modeling the suspending bridge, with differents styles. After that, some level detail on the ground and between buildings, and final : texturing.

:bounce:

after the city : Patricia :twisted:
Stay tuned !

Jonesisme, thankx dude for your comment, be sure i appreciate it !

Steven, BIG THANKS FRIEND ! :D glad you like it !

Hey thondal, i've seen your entry and you've got some great texture yet and i'm not worried about your city modeling ! keep on ! thanks mate :thumbsup:

Friends, it's nine o'clock, after 4 little hours of sleeping it's time to open 3ds max ! :twisted:

JamesMK
11-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Spiffy looking buildings. Personally I wouldn't mind if they were even taller - like twice their current height. Excellent style at any rate.

SweD
11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162650515_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162650515_large.jpg)

Hi all,

Here my update with the suspended bridge, i've hesitate long time on the bridge style, and decided to keep specificity of this global shape, hope you like it, and awaiting your accuraces comments on it :)

I think i'll take a break from this city. All massive elements are here, needs details now and i want to let breath it few time in my mind.
It's not a inactive break, i plan to do the test on concept train in six wheels version.

@James : thank you for your words, be sure i really appreciate them mate ! glad that my style on this is pleasant, and that i've in return such comments from guys like you.

Tenacious
11-04-2006, 01:57 PM
The two cables nearest the viewer need to be tighter. Cables sag in the middle over long distance. If those two cables are sagging it looks like they aren't holding anything up. Otherwise excellent as always.

Oh and I'd be careful putting too many things in front of that first building you did. All that awesome detail is no good if we can't see it. Hope this helps a bit.

Can't wait to see the train. :bounce:

SweD
11-04-2006, 07:09 PM
yes anthony, right for the cable. my fault.
Anyway i understand clearly your point of view about the not visible details for front of library, but don't forget we needed a 4-8 seconds videos too, not only a 3d scene, so maybe a travelling on the library with all details could be interesting. :D
Principe : from wide to close. Could be a good test to do, try to make a travelling in the begining of the week to show my idea.
(dont worry, don't want to compet with your futur absolutely awesome trailer :scream:)
Overall, thank you again for your support and precious comments friend ! :thumbsup:

daWinky
11-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Morning Cyril,

hey, really good progress here, the perspective seems to be just right now and the addition of the bridge adds a lot to the scene:thumbsup: ...perhaps James is right with the heights of the buildings, have you tried the one or other even taller, with the tops running out of the viewport...:curious: ?

-sabrina

SweD
11-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Morning friends,

Maybe your right Sabrina, like James, try to make a little test with a other building in foreground, maybe to the right which have top out the cam. There will have too more builfings i think in the right background, i can't let this part white.

And this night i've finish the book, and an idea comes to me for the 4-8sec sequence, so, time to do test, and time to do the vehicle. ;)

tastatura
11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Man the buidlings are nicely modeled, the only thing thats bugging me is the bridge specificly how its conected, the cables looks weird, and one more hint if you'r going for more vertical structures, you may whant to set more vertical composition, btw vertical compositions gave the viewer feeling of grandiosity e.g Cathedrals tall nad high
other thaen that waiting from you to post updates :)

TheFirstAngel
11-07-2006, 07:39 AM
great progress, the architectural style you worked on the buildings is beautiful. looking forward to your foreground then.
keep up the great work best of luck and keep on rocking! :beer::buttrock::wip:

SweD
11-07-2006, 01:59 PM
thanks both to stopping by :)

Tastatura, i know bridge need more work on, surely, to refine defaults, and i think too add more buildings after the break. Some ideas come yet for the following steps :)
Hope you will come again, when city will be finished, to give me your feeling about.

TheFirstAngel, héhé mate :beer: glad to see you here.

SweD
11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162911800_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162911800_large.jpg)

Hi all,

As i said, break from the city and starting to model the concept vehicle. here are the first polys. I don't even know if i keep the shape like i've drawn, which want to say that I take again some liberties from the Eon novel, or if try to do with this one a 6 wheels, to be near to the main idea on Eon.

Lemog
11-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Hahahaha too much good design Cyril... I already adore that... you make me much pleasure with this type of vehicle... go go man... I want to see more :thumbsup:

SweD
11-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey Laurent ;) Glad this start is in your tastes !
On vient de me dire que ca ressemble a un suppo du futur... :hmm:
:D
Hope to make a update this night, with more details ;)

TheSoracle
11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Looks really good. Kinda resembles a bug of some sort fror a distance. Keep up great work :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

-Steven

SweD
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
hey Steven, nice to see you here again brotha, and thanks for your words.
I think we can imagine all we want with a such rounded shape, but bug feeling is the most accurate :scream:

And you, few time since your last update, how is your challenge going ?

GonzaloGolpe
11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi there! I think the esthetic of your work could become an essential part in a hypothetical Eon movie ( and I don´t buttering you up :beer: :cool: )

Go for it!!!

SweD
11-07-2006, 10:16 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162941416_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162941416_large.jpg)

re-hi all,

here the update for the back of the vehicle, i think i'll keep this configuration, sorry for the 6 wheels :d

SweD
11-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi there! I think the esthetic of your work could become an essential part in a hypothetical Eon movie ( and I don´t buttering you up :beer: :cool: )

Go for it!!!

ho man, i don't know if i have the merite to receiv such a great compliment, but it goes directly in heart, be sure ! what i can say after that :blush:
thanks my friend ! :beer:

SweD
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162999215_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1162999215_large.jpg)

more polys, for the lateral door, and add some pipes. :)

ChewyPixels
11-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Hehe...really cool vehicle! Almost looks like it can fly. :)

Good job! :thumbsup:

amz23
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi!

Is the traing going to have some wagons behind? It's looking great, but I think it looks like an "independent" vehicle rather than the first car of the train. The overall round shape is great :D , however the back of the vehicle seems too "round" if a wagon is going to be behind... (oh, or perhaps the wagon behind will curve over it? Hmm maybe it would look nice but anti-aerodynamic >>U)

Well just my opinion, the details are coming out nicely =D... not mentioning the great buldings :eek: !

SweD
11-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey héhé Jesus, maybe not fly but just on a air cushion...will see

thanks for your support friend ! :thumbsup:

Hi amz23, I've call this one train because i've imagined it in reading the description of the arrival on the 7th chamber. Now, i guess i'll use this for a personnal transport for Landier and Patricia, and i've you said, not to tract other wagons.
And anti aerodynamics you think ? with a such reactor in the ass, no need to be aerodynamic :D
Thanks for your interest dude !

TheSoracle
11-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Less like a bug. More like a tanning bed or water massage bed :p Don't worry, still looks awesome.

About my challenge page......

Well..... :p

been very busy. Trying to sponsor a charity concert and I swim 5-6 times a week. Kinda tough with homework too. So I am taking this challenge more as a learning experience. I will learn from other entries and crit other people's work. I will try to work on my own and potentially post for some advice. Still need to improve box modelling (no experience) so I can try some human modelling.

Anyway, awesomeness SweD :thumbsup:

-Steven

Nothingness
11-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey, great modeling Cyril !

i'm starting to wonder what the texturing will be :twisted:
Only thing is, it may need to be a little streched in length.
If i'm recalling you concept well, it needs a little more
limosine-class.

Hey 'TheSoracle': two things on modeling: practice and reference!
i hope to see some on you thread soon!

cheers

SweD
11-09-2006, 01:07 AM
A water massage bed Steven ! lol oO
such a imagination :scream:
If you can expect from other thread more practice, effectivness and understanding, it's yet a good point for you. Hope indeed you can continue your thread, even if you seems to be busy.
Thanks for your words friend :)

Aouch Nico, Texturing is my fear. I'm more a modeler than a texturer, and hope i will offer a texturing which not rot my modeling :D
be sure all my efforts goes in this way.
I think your right for the length, but i wait for the second windows to have a complete side, and eventualy remove some vertex to increase the size :)
Another level of details is needed too i think and after this, this vehicle will be done.
Thank you again mate.

Lemog
11-09-2006, 08:06 AM
J'prend vraiment mon pied avec ton engin... :thumbsup: si je puis m'exprimer ainsi... huhuhu

congrats for the incredible machine you made... really like it... I take much pleasure to follow the progress... bravo mec, j'adore :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

amz23
11-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Hahaha yeah I suppose :P

Nah, I mentioned the "anti-aerodynamic" part not for your actual model, but from imagining that you would model a wagon behind it with certain geometry, nevermind dude :B

Now time for some textured bullet-train :D !

SweD
11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
:love: merci Laurent :blush: , ca fait vraiment plaisir que son travail soit apprecié, j'espere que ca ne sera pas pour rien, et que ca ressortira bien sur la compo final.

Thanks Laurent, it's really a pleasure to see his own work much apreciated. I hope isn't for nothing, and this machine will be great integrated in the final composition.

No problem Daniel, i know ;)
In fact, this point (wagons) has been thinking, but not a good idea i guess, to not break the rounded and unique shape of the vehicule :)

This wanna say that i take some liberties from the original concept by Greg Bear, but, really, it's a game for me, and i'm sure he didn't kick me for this :D (i hope.....)

robertp
11-09-2006, 05:32 PM
The designs you come up with are amazing. I was unsure about the transport until I saw it in 3d. Great job. Your modeling rules.

TheSoracle
11-09-2006, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=SweD]A water massage bed Steven ! lol oO
such a imagination :scream:
QUOTE]

Hehe. I guess I have seen lots in this world :p On your next update, I will give more ideas of my own :p

daWinky
11-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Hey Cyril!

Huh, I've missed something here, your already started your vehicle...really splendid design! :thumbsup:
It's looking great, no crits at all, the shape is amazing and don't fear with the texturing:wise: , I'm sure it will come out great!

Have a nice day!

-sabrina

AndreiSzasz
11-10-2006, 07:42 AM
hey man !
.... what can i say ...great modeling as usual.
i'm just whaiting to see it in the scene it will loock awesome !

SweD
11-10-2006, 11:01 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1163203301_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1163203301_large.jpg)

Hi all, here the final design of the concept vehicle. Just add some fix and a second window, in fact, i don't want to have a too much complexe object, especially on the front.
now, work on the mapping on it ! yeah!

TheSoracle
11-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Looks good. The only thing is that in proportion to the door (assuming that is a door) is that either the door is freaking tiny or the ship is massive. Other then that it is awesome.

Sorry, but no quirky ideas this time :p

Although, now that I think about it. The thing about the propeller/jet area looks like a leech on the back of something. And the top pic (of the two) reminds of me of the Juggernaut's head stretched horizontally.

-Steven

digitalputty
11-15-2006, 05:49 PM
:thumbsup: :eek:

Amazing stuff here! The renders are so nice! :D *watches*

Lemog
11-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Nothing to crit about the "machine"... just waiting a bit impatiently the texturing to see how you manage this step... and especially the material style... perfect continuation Cyril :thumbsup:

SweD
11-16-2006, 12:49 PM
hey !! thank you guyz :)
Sorry for this few days of absence, i've need to calm down my journeys.
It begun to be hard to work one side for my job on day, with lot of objectives to reach, over side for some works out of this part time, including cgchallenge.
I've take some days off from all the last week, and now i've made some nights over the 3hours of sleep, and i'm ready to unwrap :scream:

I've finish the checker part, to verify the global unwrap, move som vertex, and open photoshop. I hope to make an upload soon :)

Steven, no quirky ideas this time, but i'm sure you'll catch up yourself next time :D
for the proportion, i think the door insn't out of scale comparate to the rounded windows, so we can imagine that the global shape is massive yes ! ^^

Digitalputty, thanks, watch if you want, but don't touch please ! ;)

Hey Laurent ! i hope i could satisfy your impatient soon. The way i manage it....felling powaa ! i've take my most beautiful tablet and i cherish her with a cute stylet...hope this will give it to me a good map ! :D thanks for your support friend! :wavey:

OZ
11-16-2006, 01:37 PM
WOW! i a lot of time that i was not here! and seem you have dome rock solid stuff! I like a lot the vehicle design! great stuff.Ill' be back to see more!:applause:

DWquiff
11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I really like that, its great no imperfections and a nice level of detail really like it.

johnnymaster
11-16-2006, 02:53 PM
I like it too! Very nice design! Some suggestions...at this moment, the scale of your vehicle looks a bit strange, at first, when the door was not added yet, i thought i was a one-man vehicle, now, with the door i think the proportion is little confusing, but...you could better this with nice shader details, some very fine used-effects on the edges for example, some very fine details, to give us a better feel of the scale. Good luck further on mate!

taavi
11-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Very nice steampunk-goth
design :) , reminds me a bit this old tatra-design. (http://www.tatra.demon.nl/)Keep on modelling !:bounce:

daWinky
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey Cyril,

now I'm really curious to discover the texturing of your vehicle:bounce: ...already something more done than opening photoshop:D ?
Let's see an update soon and nice day for you!

-sabrina

SweD
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
hey boyz and girls ! :)

happy to be here again after some idle period. No motivation, no ideas and no time.
But now it's cool and i'm ready to go finishing this one, and i've idea ! :D
thanks OZ, DWquiff and taavi, your comments are always appreciated ! your car taavi, is really curious and retro-futuristic ! i see some similar elements with my ship you're right !

Linh, i understand. Think Eon is out of scale, and the ship could be too. :D give me your feeling with te texturing.

Sabrina, i'll satisfy your curiousity, and nice day too ! ;)

I'll make an update in the "submit entry" soon, when the entiere textured ship will be done, for now, just an upload to show you kind of mapping i wanna use, (the mapping need to be fix, i've inopportunely move the unwrap before the render) and to prove you i'm not dead, i keep faith in eon :p

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/wip03.jpg

mohamad
11-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I have look in your progress and have good wishes for you. like this model designand texture of it,

good luck, :thumbsup:

Cofiction
11-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Magnificent job over the buildings and the bridge!

Marvelous, a kind of Gotham-City feel about the scale and the details.
...just imagine - gargoyles and everything, wow...

angel
11-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Nice progress since I last visited your entry. The vehicle looks good. My only comment about it is about the tube pipes above the door... seem out of place... they are connected to nothing. Maybe if you move them to the back where the engine is they would look like they have a more practical use. Anyway keep going, this is looking very cool.

SweD
11-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Mohammad, thanks dude, best wishes too for your wip Theater Of Schwerin , i've take a look and it's an impressive architecture work, not surprised that Laurent is well interesting in, it's a great project ! :thumbsup:

Cofiction, thanks too :) twice time for gotham, maybe must i call Tim Burton to work both on another version of the city :scream: ... i've think about gargoyles really, but in my mind i've no time to add such things...

SNoWs, i guess you're right. I've put this pipes because i've draw them. Id 2d, that seems to be a good idea, in 3d, it's exactly what you said, out of place. That's why i've add a third direclty from the reactor, it's seems to be more logical. In a near futur, we can say byebye to this two pipes.
Moreover, this 2 cut the dynamic of the shape and give a "handle" feeling. no ?

angel
11-24-2006, 03:10 PM
SNoWs, i guess you're right. I've put this pipes because i've draw them. Id 2d, that seems to be a good idea, in 3d, it's exactly what you said, out of place. That's why i've add a third direclty from the reactor, it's seems to be more logical. In a near futur, we can say byebye to this two pipes.
Moreover, this 2 cut the dynamic of the shape and give a "handle" feeling. no ?

Yep exactly, I think you are right, just try it out, if you don't like it then you can go back, just remember to save in versions.:thumbsup:

SweD
11-25-2006, 07:26 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1164486399_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1164486399_large.jpg)

Hi all,
After some postwork, fixing unwrap, adding effects, here my final mapping for the biggest part of the vehicle :)
Now, stay tuned for :
- windows
- reactors
- all littles elements
- work on shader

i've remove the two pipes of the doors, no reasons to be here really, and anti-aerodynamic !

hope you like it !

SweD
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM
here close up from the ship

http://membres.lycos.fr/ftp3d/eon/close01.jpg

AndreiSzasz
11-25-2006, 07:50 PM
hey ! i was whating for this post!
great texturing on your ship.
it will look great in your scene
best of luck!

mohamad
11-25-2006, 09:26 PM
new textures is better ofcourse :thumbsup:
thanks for your kinds about me and my current project :love:

angel
11-26-2006, 02:23 AM
Nice texturing, btw it does look better without those hoses it had before, imo of course.:thumbsup:

TheSoracle
11-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Wow Cyril!!! Ultimate updates since I have been here. Your texturing abilities are amazing!!

Unfortunately, no quirky ideas XD

Since the modelling is done, no more ideas will come until you start another aspect :p

Anyway, check out my thread, the face no long looks like a dog. More like a human :D

Keep up the awesome work Cyril!!!

-Steven

daWinky
11-27-2006, 05:04 AM
Morning Cyril...

huh, and you was afraid of the texturing!? This is just looking great, it was worth the waiting for sure:thumbsup: ...The texture is not what I expected to see, but the longer I look at it, the more I like and really think this is very much in style with your other scene elements:applause: , so no crit from me, just cheering here and of course waiting for the rest to be textured...

Nice day for you!

-sabrina

chaitanyak
11-27-2006, 07:17 AM
great texturing! love the colours and weathered feel. waiting for the rest

SweD
11-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Morning all,

Andrei, hope your waiting wasn't too long ! :scream:
i hope it will be good element in scene, if texturing of the building is great too ! lot of work to do...

Mohammad thanks, and for your current project, he is excellent, so now i've subscribed to see the final ! ;)

SNoWs, imo too ! ship didn't have the toy aspect now :D

heheyy Steven again, without quirky ideas again ! rhaa what's happen Steven ? :D
thanks for your word, glad you like it, even if texturing habilities is maybe too strong :blush:
I'll going to see your thread friend, great new if you're again in the wip !

Hey Sabrina, morning :)
Afraid of the texturing because, like many other i think (i hope :scream: ) , i'm more a modeler than a texturer, and i'm boring about the unwrap session. I've a lot of pain to open photoshop, anyway, when i'm in, i do the job...good job i think :)
Btw, it will be interesting to know what kind of texturing you'll expected to see...personal curiosity :)

Chaitanyak, thanks dude, at first, this ship was very dark and dirty ! but i've take a sand color which let me more choice about the decorative part :) glad you like too !

Thannnkss friend !

SweD
11-27-2006, 11:52 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1164675157_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/15/11706/11706_1164675157_large.jpg)

Hi all!
Here my work of this evening/night on shader and textures.
I want to close to a comics render, and some chrome elements seems to be a good idea.
Of course, it need still a lot of dirty maps and work on, but give me your feeling about that style ;)

johnnymaster
11-28-2006, 12:05 AM
wow, i like this look a lot! I like comic style renderings in generell, your color choice is also very nice. I think the vehicle looks a bit small because of your focal length is too long, but thats a camera problem and doesnt affect the great model and texture work:thumbsup:

TheSoracle
11-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Agreed.The new look is really good. Has a 'grungey' feeling to it. It's a lot darker and dirtier/more shading.

Overall i love it.

Keep up the greatness SweD.

-Steven

SweD
11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks both guys !

you're surely right for the focal Linh, a thing to see and correct in the final scene, even if i must work on this detail, because camera focal are not my cup of tea for now.
i've made progress in texturing and enjoy my victory on it, soon we talk about camera :D :rolleyes:

Steven, glad you like too ! now, main shader is ok for me, dirty like that, more darker as you said, i must focus on details and objects to suit correclty the comic style and main shape i want.

Btw, Thanks for your support friends ! :thumbsup:

daWinky
11-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Morning Cyril...

wow, splendid, no crits from me, I think it will work perfectly in your scene this way:) ... Btw, it will be interesting to know what kind of texturing you'll expected to see...personal curiosity I've expected a much more dark and shiny paint, but this was just my first thought when I looked surprised at your design, but as already mentioned, the more I look at it, the more I think you've made something very much in the style of your scene, I really like:thumbsup: ...

-sabrina