PDA

View Full Version : Request For Contributions to Fillet and Chamfer Tutorial

soulburn3d
10-04-2006, 05:42 AM
Hey there. So I've written a tutorial discussing Fillets and Chamfers in 3dstudio max, accessible here...

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/rounding_the_edges/rounding_the_edges.htm

However, my goal is to make a page (or set of pages) discussing how to achieve a similar effect in every major 3d package, and using every renderer. For that I need your help. Do you know a max technique to create fillets or chamfers that I haven't mentionned? Are you an Maya master? XSI? Rhino? Modo? Cinema 4D? Well, if so, and you know a thing or two about modeling, please help contribute to this page.

It's simple. Take the obj model offered at the top of the tutorial page, decide on a technique you're going to use the round the edges of the mesh, then send me the following...

* The name of the software and the name of the technique.
* Quickly explain how to perform the technique (or include a diagram or screen capture as needed)
* Send a render of the result, with the number of faces generated in the viewport (if applicable) and the number of faces generated at rendertime (if applicable)
* Explain the Advantages of the technique
* Explain the Disadvantages of the technique

I'll add all the results I get to this tutorial, and of course give you full credit for contributing. Please send email to neil@soulburn3d.com, and thanks for reading.

- Neil

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2006, 05:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.