PDA

View Full Version : Help with rigging Chicken Foot

cem
10-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me rig this chicken foot, I've watched the Digital Tutors and 3D Tutorial rigging DVD's but because it's got extra toes I'm not quite sure in how to set a reverse foot control up.

I've also watched a couple of demo reels with bird feet like this but I don't enough about XSI rigging at the moment to figure out how they did it.

I've searched at various XSI sites but have come up empty at the moment. So if someone knows of one or could draw me a diagram and an explanation that would be a super helpful.

I'm interested in rigging and would like to try and fiqure it out myself but after two days I'm getting frustrated so thought someone with more knowledge might be able to help.

I also don't know if I've set the bones up right in the first place so if someone could comment on that as well.

Thankyou for any help it would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Clair

T4D
10-03-2006, 02:08 PM
yeah sent it here t4d@thomas4d.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/t4d@thomas4d.com) and I'll rig it up for you :thumbsup:

Havn't done a chicken foot before in XSI, but I'm sure I can work it out for you.

Sbowling
10-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me rig this chicken foot, I've watched the Digital Tutors and 3D Tutorial rigging DVD's but because it's got extra toes I'm not quite sure in how to set a reverse foot control up.

I would do it similar to the way that Adam Sale adds the toes in the 3Dtutorial series. Create the normal reverse setup and then just parent eztra bones to the foot rig. Fot the forward facing toes, parent them to the main foot bone and for the backwards facing toe parent it to the heel of the foot rig.

cem
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Thankyou for the offer Peter but it's a company mascot and I don't have permission at the moment to send the file out. I was just doing stills for them but they have now decided they want it animated.

Sam, I had watched the first 3D Tutorial Volume but hadn't got to the second yet so it looks like what I might be after is there. From your explanation I think I can figure it out now so thankyou for that.

Cheers to both of you

Clair

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.