PDA

View Full Version : Vegetation?

Breed47
10-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi!
XSI kicks ass, but wherever I search I just canīt seem to find any information about creating vegetation in XSI. Any tips and tricks you could share?

bravmm
10-02-2006, 11:38 AM
You could create some groups with models and paint them with hair, or go the xfrog 3d plants route, importing obj's.

direct link for hair instancing: http://softimage.com/downloadsrv/process.asp?file=/Videos/NFT50/13_Hair_Instancing_and_Styling.wmv

or just use the groups and scatter them over your terrain.

cheers,

rob

Felipe
10-02-2006, 12:16 PM
There is a plug-in to import xfrog files directly, you can find it in the xfrog site. Don't need to export/import using .obj.

cheers,
Felipe

Bullit
10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Kick Vue D'Esprit guys to speed up release of their connection plug in :)

JDex
10-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Kick Vue D'Esprit guys to speed up release of their connection plug in :)

100% total agreement... Working on a project that will need it. I hope they release before we need to find another solution.

xzevlin
10-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Has anyone tried the Verdant plugin for XSI from Digital Element? I talked to them about it at Siggraph 2005, then emailed them about it a few months ago and was told it was available for purchase. But their website hasn't been updated in ages, so I've been hesitant to buy it.

Breed47
10-03-2006, 07:34 AM
We run Vue at work. Purchased xStream later to work with 3ds max, but without success. But I think itīs the computers fault. They suck! Maby we should kick e-on in their buttto speed up their development of xStream for XSI :-D .

Havnīt tried xfrog, but Iīll check it out. Neighter have I tried the Verdant plugin.

I really like working with Vue. So you say itīs possible to create a group ov trees and paint them with hair? How cool isnīt that? Iīll try that as fast as I get home after work.

thedoc
10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I'd instance the hair too. VUE rocks... it's an excellent partner to XSI... Softimage should buy it....

terencemace
10-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Vue 5 Infinite is pretty cool. And I think Vue 6 is coming out with the Xtreem plugin for XSI. I hope so.

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2006, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.