PDA

View Full Version : Silly but mysterious Playback problem

mrba
10-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi,

Ive got this weird playback problem, In the transport control window Ive set the playback speed to 1x 24fps and snap on frames, but it plays the animation way to fast, Its so fast that I need to put the playback speed down to 1/5 x to get it back to more normal speed.
Ive tried no snap, play on frames, snap on frames, snap and play on frames, and theres no difference. I also tried with different types of data c3d, fbx files from tutorials, they all behave the same way. Although when Im importing it to maya it plays it at the right speed!

What is it that Im missing here? must be something really simple and that annoys me a lot

anders

U2-xxl
10-10-2006, 02:05 PM
not like you,my problem is the speed of playback is too slow sometimes,use 2x maybe normal.I want the answer.

donShole
10-10-2006, 02:29 PM
not like you,my problem is the speed of playback is too slow sometimes,use 2x maybe normal.I want the answer.

I had this same random slow playback problem (in MB) out of the blue a couple of months back. After 2 or 3 months of that, my display card (laptop) coughed and died (while running maya). I don't know if that piece of info will help you though.

SeanGomes
10-10-2006, 08:42 PM
While I've never seen the "super speed" problem, I have run into the slow problem after I quit Maya and it didn't entirely quite, leaving the dying process in the running processes to consume resources like crazy.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of many reasons that would cause the playback to be that much faster.

- You did a Timewarp (FCurves, next to the Layer tab in the lower right)
- You greatly accelerated the clip in the Story
- You're actually running at 240fps, rather than 24.0 fps (silly, but accidents happen)
- You're using the Animation Trigger and have upped the speed to x400

U2-xxl
11-21-2006, 03:31 AM
I have reinstalled windows,and change the driver of graphic card,but nothing changed.
If the camera use antialiasing,replay will jump back a little random.
Somebody help me,please.

Curtis
11-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey U2-XXL,

Are you running MotionBuilder on a laptop? It is important to make sure there is no power management features turned on, as new mobile CPUs have quite aggressive power saving features that change the clock of your CPU. MotionBuilder uses the CPU clock for playback, so this could be the root of your issue.

Cheers,

Curtis Garton

sogo
12-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey U2-XXL,

I have found the same problem on my brand new dell XPS M1710, notebook. :L All other 3d applications are running pretty well. Just an motionbuilder is crashinng every 5 min. and framerate is almost very slow but changing on some occasions (hiding and showing part of the scene again).
I think i turned all power management features off.

verry bad, then

...even slower than on my old geforce4 card :(((

U2-xxl
12-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey U2-XXL,

I have found the same problem on my brand new dell XPS M1710, notebook. :L All other 3d applications are running pretty well. Just an motionbuilder is crashinng every 5 min. and framerate is almost very slow but changing on some occasions (hiding and showing part of the scene again).
I think i turned all power management features off.

verry bad, then

...even slower than on my old geforce4 card :(((

It was just a accident,I opened two mb,and palyed once each application,guess what,both mb return to normal.But you have to keep both mb on even you just use one mb.

U2-xxl
12-19-2006, 01:35 AM
ps:sogo,my pc is dell 9400.

CGTalk Moderation
12-19-2006, 01:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.