PDA

View Full Version : How to get a clean render? [Nudity]

adrencg
10-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Do these types of marks look famiiar to anyone out there? I'm using Final gather with Area lites. If I turn off Final gather, I still see them. Mental seems to be really finicky and lots of time is spent fiddling with it to get a clean render.

Why should tuning a render be like splitting the atom? Can't I just stick some lights in the scene and not have to drag sliders around for hours just to get rid of all the crap in the render?

Futile...

http://imgserv2.imagehigh.com/imgss/4059122_what.jpg

JDex
10-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Do these types of marks look famiiar to anyone out there? I'm using Final gather with Area lites. If I turn off Final gather, I still see them. Mental seems to be really finicky and lots of time is spent fiddling with it to get a clean render.
I'm not sure what that is or what could be causing it, because you haven't specified enough info... I've only seen similar tearing on UV seams with bad stretching but I suppose it could be shader related.

Why should tuning a render be like splitting the atom? Can't I just stick some lights in the scene and not have to drag sliders around for hours just to get rid of all the crap in the render?
It is only that way if you don't learn how the renderer works... it's not like it's ever a good idea to just randomly change settings when you don't know what they do.

Futile...
Okay... sorry to hear that.

adrencg
10-02-2006, 03:21 AM
I've found that if I turn off the shadows on the back area lite, the marks go away. But there has to be a way to use a shadow and not get these marks in the render. Sorry if I seem frustrated, but for all of LW's faults, I still never had to spend this much time trying to render something without artifacts.

I'm pretty experienced at lighting and rendering...and something not clicking with me and Mental.

JDex
10-02-2006, 03:27 AM
Perhaps the area light samples are too low on that back light?

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2006, 03:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.