PDA

View Full Version : aniamtion showreel 2006-Jure Prek

king21
10-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone!

Jeah i finally got my first charatcer animation showreel. This is the work of one year beeing a student of animation mentor.

Please gime critcs good bad just tell no lies.

Thx in advance.

Link:

Showreel_2006_18_megs_(h.246_quicktime) (http://www.jpanimations.com/new/showreel/smallShowreel.mov)

Thx again!

Darknessseeker0
10-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Nice job Jure! I have you on my AM buddy list and look forward to seeing what you come up with in classes 5 and 6. :thumbsup:

Loolarge
10-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Nice stuff!

disrupt
10-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Fantastic work Jure! My only comment is that I think you should end your reel with that guy taking the test. All your work is good but that one is so amazing. Keep rockin this amazing work.

kudoyku
10-02-2006, 02:10 PM
like it very much...
I really like AM's animation style.
Hope to be student this season.

NickWhitmire
10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Fantastic reel. Really really amazing. I really like the writing one. Great job.

-N

Ranimate
10-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Very inspiring and fun to watch!

Awesome job man.

:applause:

Ranimate

king21
10-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Thx fo such a great comments. Hope recriiters will like it tooo.

Jure

Byla
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
once you get the spelling sorted, we will love you even more :thumbsup:

Anyhow, I love the animations, I do recon that you could go over the edge with extreme poses, but overall, its great.

ThePredator42
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Yayho Jure,

awesome reel. Very inspiring!

I agree with Brandon though - at least in that you want an ending that sticks to the memory. The pole jump is not usefull for that, itīs very solid and all, but itīs the weakest part of your portfolio (which is probably the reason you put it last).

I would end with the test-writing assignment too, but Iīd even think about leaving the pole jumps out. If you leave it in, people watching the reel might pop the reel out again, thinking that from now on the weaker shots are coming up - thus missing the cherry topping at the end!

Does that make sense? Know what Iīm trying to say? Ping me on IM if you want me to go deeper into that.

The pole jumps are great, donīt get that wrong, everyone! Put they are still the least great of all the great shots, and for a demo reel, you gotta play tactics!

Micha

bernoccoli
10-05-2006, 10:14 AM
neat! i wish your reel will be successful. i`m currently working to have a similar one.

byebye.

sachin3d
10-05-2006, 10:30 AM
a nice reel . liked what u have done. good luck.

kreuz
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
great!! so nice work !!:thumbsup:

Zookoo
10-05-2006, 04:04 PM
The part where the purple lady says, "All you need.."
and when the aviator says, "lost millions!"
had arm gestures I thought seemed abit overused. It felt too forced/deliberate. So maybe replace those gestures with another.

But other than that, the two parts I really liked was when the aviator breathes in his smoke and when he swipes off the ashes. Those parts went really quick and subtle, and thats whats nice about it :)
Keep it up!

JmTm00
10-05-2006, 05:19 PM
NIce...what else could i say :applause: But i have a question...that doll looking guy on exam in Your movie: I have seen him before in many reels...i suppose it`s some kind of default character, just like max got his biped ;) What program is that? Greets

king21
10-05-2006, 05:31 PM
This is rigged character owned by AnimationMentor.com online school for character animation.

ANd btw thx for all the replies keep em comming.

Jure

3dcga
10-06-2006, 06:53 AM
AM reels just reminds me how poor I am :p

That was just great! Inspiring stuff !!! :bounce:

king21
10-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Uau thx again for ur support really great.

Jure

Abhimation
10-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Awsome stuff. Loved the poses in the classroom clip.
Btw dude...ur portfolio page link aint working for me....
Goodluck for the job hunt !!
:)

JoshBowman
10-09-2006, 03:59 AM
A very well animated showreel.

The scene with just the guy talking could have used better poses to convey his attitude, he seems a bit too relaxed for what his voice seems to convey.

AM is helping to foster really good animators (way better than me, I would like to do AM but it would cost me a year's salary) but at the same time all of the animation that is coming out of AM seems to be exactly the same in terms of timing and acting choices. I guess you need to know how to create it before you can get into more complex stuff.

Great stuff though!

Neejoh
10-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Sweet, I really like it a lot.A very well animated showreel.

The scene with just the guy talking could have used better poses to convey his attitude, he seems a bit too relaxed for what his voice seems to convey.

AM is helping to foster really good animators (way better than me, I would like to do AM but it would cost me a year's salary) but at the same time all of the animation that is coming out of AM seems to be exactly the same in terms of timing and acting choices. I guess you need to know how to create it before you can get into more complex stuff.

Great stuff though!I guess that's the way the system works. You have to learn to animate before you can animate your own thoughts on screen. With the guidelines AM gives you, you learn to become a better animator.

monpirri
10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
AWESOME ! ! ! ! !

FracoisBennet
10-12-2006, 01:01 AM
I really ejoyed it!:)

tamahoma22
10-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Great reel... although in the second animation, audio from aviator, I kind of wish when he says, "I've lost millions!" he wouldn't reach his arms out so far, he has kept this sort of confident/close persona throughout and then you kind of lose it right there, but that's just my opinion :)

king21
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Uau!

Thx to everyone for beiing so supportive and thx for all the great comments, I will definetlty wach over my mistakes in next animations.

Jure

Silvexil
10-20-2006, 02:42 PM
jure,

just watched it it's really great.. the charecters are done really nice, ithey flow smothely and seems effortless... and that's hard to achive.. aviation part is the best:)

Capn_Camo
10-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Gday mate,

Very clean little showreel you have there! My favourite clip is most definitely the Howard Hughes one. Your movements are very smooth and you can definitely get a feel of character in each of them, not just a moving model. To make your audience forget about the fact that it is just a 3d model by "suspending disbelief" and putting life into its movements is truly something to be proud of, and you have done it here :D

My only problem was with the robber scene, where he does a backward somersault and lands flat... it seemed very jerky and rigid. Other than that:

TOP NOTCH! :buttrock:

roya0714
11-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I really love it !:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2006, 03:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.