PDA

View Full Version : BLURING-problems

Harrad
02-01-2003, 04:58 PM
When bluring a layer with gausien (spelling?) blur in AE it blurs the edge of the layer with the empty space next to it giving it a feathered effect, which is good for faking DOF but i don't want it on the edge of the frame. Is there any was of stopping this and making it more like the gausien blur in Photoshop. I saw in cumbustion that its gausien blur has a check box for expanding the image, or keeping sharp edges... this is what i need.

Can any one help me.

The only way i can think of is renderin the layers 20px biger around the side, but this is a bit of a long way round to do it.

cheers for any help...

MAtt:surprised

tchook
02-01-2003, 05:30 PM
mmmmm

if i understand it right
lets say you have a font layer with an alpha chanel
and you want the inside of the letter blured
and the edges sharp as a knife.

if im right

create a comp the size you want
import your layer in your comp lets call him "koin"
duplicate your layer name it "guiii"
blur guiii with a gausian blur
use koin as an alpha matte for guii

if the result is too sharp

blur koin a little bit until you are satisfied

hope that help

ratbaggy
02-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Harrad
The only way i can think of is renderin the layers 20px biger around the side, but this is a bit of a long way round to do it.

That's how I've done it in the past.

LyonHaert
04-13-2003, 07:37 AM
i know i'm digging up a semi-old thread here, but the way i got around this was to use Fast Blur instead of Gaussian, and make sure that Repeat Edge Pixels was turned on.

Harrad
04-13-2003, 07:11 PM
yeah, thanks.... thats really weird... i had forgotten about this tread, but i worked that out my self the a few weeks ago when i went back to try and work out how to do it again, fast blur when its on best quality looks just like gaussien blur and it has the edge repeat fuction as you said...

cheers...

Matt :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.