PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Contest --- GUILLOM --- CENTAURE / ARCHER

guillom
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi !

It's been ages since i posted something here ( i'm working a lot on different personnal projects )

Here is my submission for the Blizzard comp'

I posted here coz' this character is not rigged yet. I will post a final version in the appropriate section once i have it posed and with proper renders !

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/9084/centaurearcher01gk7.jpg
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8523/centaurearcher02fe3.jpg

ill_logic
10-01-2006, 03:28 PM
excellent work!
no comments from me, it's really looking nice. only suggestions i might have are to add a quiver for the arrows & maybe give the fur part of her body the same sort of color distinction you see down towards the hooves. but it's fine as is too, those are just suggestions.

-J

guillom
10-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Thx for youar suggestions Ill_Logic , she has a quiver, sorry i forgot this angle :D

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/293/centaurearcher03lt9.jpg

baccarafred
10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Nice one mate:bounce: five stars for me...

Psyk0
10-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Really nice!

I personally would have detailed the ear a bit more, balanced between human form and animal (mainly detail inside the ear), but that's just me and adding bit of curve to the forearm to make it more dynamic. I love the texture work, everything "pops" nicely. Solid work :buttrock:

ts-falcon
10-01-2006, 09:51 PM
wow great work mate! the texturing is very nice and great mix between dirty and clean, any possible shots of a wire? looks very solid!

skrubbles
10-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Great work! Love the fur and the face texture.

requiem2d
10-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Awesome work! Best of luck in the competition :)

dnorth
10-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Really well done. Love the character and it's really well executed. Good luck in the comp!

KaDDD
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM
^^ hello my friend
very nice low poly , i havent see in the first time it was in low resolution , congrats ,
chapo mac , super taff , efin tu expose un taff de ton niveaux pro , arf il y a des posts premonitoire , c'est moi qui te le dit , pour preve le 1er que je t'est laissé , mm pas un ans apres , je suis dans le vrai :) . . .

chapo et bonne chance :)
u rooOOOoock man, this is a killer job :) 5*

kad

ps: post de l'image , des wires , des essais de light ,histoire qu'on en prennent pleins la bouch'
et ta planche uw , et ta maps qu'on pleure un bon coup , parrais que ca fait tjr du bien ! !c comme pissé ;)

mindrot
10-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Great work guillom... but I told you at work already :D

OOH!! have you tried some SSS on her yet... I'm sure she's look ace?

Best of luck...

~M~

blacker
10-02-2006, 09:12 PM
F'ing awesome. 5 *s from me. I'm glad I didn't compete in the Warcraft category. :) Any chance you can post the tri counts/textures/wires?

What programs do you use? I'm mostly interested in your texturing method.

I was wondering what happened to you after your gladiator. Your work is amazing!

PS, anyone THIS skilled in texturing is required by international law to produce at least one tutorial. =)

guillom
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Thx everybody Gald you like it , sure it will be part of my demo reel !

blacker : here is the wires and textures ! :)

there are a lot of good tutorial for texturing but what i can do is to give usefull tips for texturing jobs !

mindrot : Thanks man , i will spend more time on rendering once it's posed i think , with nice background and everything :D...

malonet :

AH AH ! no you rock , i'm still a small stone :)

Je prepare pas mal de projets persos en ce moment donc je risque de poster pas mal de taf nouveau , ça va déboucher !!!

Psyk0 : thanks for the suggestion , i think i will be back on that ears to refine 'em a bit more,true they look flat !

Fred : merci simply !:)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8932/centaurearcherwireuj5.jpg

I've used a photo reference for the face and painted the rest of the body and accessories

Then Zbrush to paint the seams ! finally few hours in front of my screen :)

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/6618/centaurearchertx01zn5.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2403/centaurearchertx02pj2.jpg

WesleyTack
10-02-2006, 11:59 PM
jawdrappingly amazingly beautifully stunningly bla bla bla 5*
nothing to add/crit whatever, you rule :)

SylvanMist
10-03-2006, 12:38 AM
wow this is one of the best low poly's i've seen! Awesome job on just using the diffuse & alpha textures. or did you use other maps too?

dxk123852
10-03-2006, 04:05 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: nice~!

KolbyJukes
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
really nice work, i dig it.

Dogzer
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
That model is just amazing!
Any tips on getting game models to look so tidy and detailed? I like how everything was textured!

I have an observation, the face looks a little manly, i dont know if it's the jaws of the eyebrows. Tbh I dont know everything that makes a face more girly or manly, but it's just my impresion. Maybe you could help me by telling me if you intended that or not, or if you disagree.

Steen
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
That's a nice clean model with beautiful texture maps. Very inspiring.

kakikukeko
10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
I agree with everything above, clean, beautiful model & textures..
to critic a little bit, as it as been said too, the ear could have benefit of a little more details... the bandage of the right arm could have been darker, (less spec or darker diffuse)
and the stains on the horse bottom, looks more like specular dots to me.. I think it's because their shape are too blurry.. they need to be defined with hair more than it is now imho..

but it's really beautiful work :)

guillom
10-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi guys

really appreciate you like it thx a lot, i have to do some tutorial/tips as a lot of people asked me ! ( tho a lot of work still for my demo reel so i can't promise anything )

I take the suggestions i think they are really good ! glad to have some really constructive advices.

everybody told me it's very clean, i don't think i have so many techniques to do it it like this, it's just the way i work i suppose.

I forgot to tell that i was using normal map but i think it was obvious for everybody ( not on everything tho, some details don't need it ) i didn't show it because i think this is not really artistic.

Ok here is another shot for you girls :) , a rough 360 ( last pic looks shit coz of the camera ).

I gonna pose it now !

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2016/centaurearcher04vj1.jpg

Danko
10-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Just amazing man! Love it form the model, uvw layout and texture. Nice and clean job. Waiting for some posed shots! :thumbsup:

bartabac_99
10-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey little fellah, a new masterpiece from England :) She's so cute ... is she your new girlfriend ;) ? ... I hope you'll win the contest and maybe see you soon !!! Good Job !!
The only thing for me to improve would be the fur but you know me :)

Chaloute

caro
10-14-2006, 09:11 PM
ouhhh, French... they are born with a pencil in hand... :)

totally great, I love modeling as well as texturing. nothing to blame, can't imagine how to improve it with the same technical specification.

5, very obvious, yellow stars. keep it up G...%"*%(*"?(*"?$!!! (I just need 5 more year to learn how to spell your name).

Cyborgguineapig
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey this is really good. One thing that irks me though is the transition of the fur. its a little too gradient-like on the belly.

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.