PDA

View Full Version : Space Shuttle Disaster

Aquaman
02-01-2003, 04:56 PM
This has nothing to do with 3D or Lightwave, however I would like to inform everyone on the forum that we lost the Space Shuttle Columbia this morning from what appears to have been a malfunction aboard the shuttle upon reentry over the state of Texas. The exact cause is not known at this time and will probably be some time before it is known.

My heart goes out to the families of the Columbia crew.

God Bless

Captain
02-01-2003, 05:37 PM
I have been tuned into the news for several hours now, and I too express my condolences to the familys of the astronauts aboard shuttle Columbia. However, If any of you live in the state of texas, avoid the debris of the shuttle if you happen upon anyof it, the feul vapors can kill you.

-Captain

leigh
02-02-2003, 12:05 AM
A tragic day, not only for NASA, but for the whole world.
Such a sad event, I am sure it will remain in our hearts for a long time to come.

DigitalDeuce
02-02-2003, 02:59 AM
It happened practically over my house.

Been just about all that has been talked about today.

Just awful.

Infinity3d4life
02-02-2003, 02:59 AM
i hate to hear things like this..:annoyed:

JohnD
02-02-2003, 07:48 AM
I watched the news this morning, and felt like I was back in 1986 all over again. Such a tragedy. My heart goes out to the Astronauts and their families.

E_Moelzer
02-02-2003, 08:49 AM
OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
My thoughts are with the families of those brave pilots and scientists.
We should never forget that these brave people are heroes, that risc their lives for all mankind and our way into space.
This is a very sad day for all of us.
Maybe those nerds at NASA will finally see, that we will need a replacement for the Shuttle- fleet very soon. It is simply getting old and it was only a matter of time when the next accident would occur.
CU
Elmar

anieves
02-02-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm still in disbelief. Yesterday was a very sad day an my heart and prayers go out to the families of the astronauts of the Shuttle Columbia.

But just in case some of you don't know... the Columbia went thrugh major overhauls and was considered the best of the fleet. So lets not blame anybody without concrete evidence that age was the cause of this terrible accident. And remember the Shuttle is still considered an experimental vehicle, there is still alot we don't know about the dynamics of space travel.

Lets remember and honor; not blame.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.