PDA

View Full Version : Avoid colliding particles

b52down
10-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Can anybody tell me the simplest way to avoid particles colliding eachother.
Is this possible with the standard particle system or do I have to use thinking particles?
I have an emitter now with a standard leaf shape as particle and I don't wan the leafs go through eachother.

Thanks.
Rico

Creature
10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
For standard particles there is Fizz:
http://www.bonkers.de/download/downloads.html

For TP particles there is a preset called "Particle Collision" or something like that in your content browser.

c4d-jack
10-01-2006, 09:00 PM
You can also use Attractors with negative Strengt and/or Deflectors and put them as child objects into the particle object. A chaotic but fun way to make standard particles interact.

Greetings,
Jack

b52down
10-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks for your answers, I will play around and see what works best!

AkaKico
10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
You can also use Attractors with negative Strengt and/or Deflectors and put them as child objects into the particle object. A chaotic but fun way to make standard particles interact.

Greetings,
Jack

Could you expand on that at all? (perhaps example scene?) I've tried doing that before and had no luck. Particles wouldn't acknowledge emitted effectors for me. Thanks!

JeremyW
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
You can also use Attractors with negative Strengt and/or Deflectors and put them as child objects into the particle object.

Sample file please.

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.