PDA

View Full Version : SSS_Fast Skin don`t work with FG?!

yolao
10-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi

Well, when i mesh a scene that contains SSS Fast Skin this is not affected by FG...

look this examples.

Here are 2 spheres with blinn materials

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/yolao/3d%20images/Spheres_A.jpg

then i just assign the SSS fast skin to one of the spheres and it totally lose the ilumination of the hdri map with FG

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/yolao/3d%20images/Spheres_B.jpg

Can some one tell me a solution for these...i can not believe that sss does not support hdri ilumination with FG!

But if i iluminate that sphere with the SSS material with a point light it does receive the ilumination.

thanks

ckas
10-01-2006, 11:11 AM
..did u check use sec. illumination? basically i can only recommend to buy a version of xsi....works like charm there, and dont pay for a maya version, for doing the job of a F*** autodesk maya programmer...

cheers

and btw if you worked out that problem, try to get a displacement with sss and fg rendered....good luck

yolao
10-01-2006, 12:08 PM
what is sec. ilumination?....i search in the help and did not found anything..

thanks

Saturn
10-01-2006, 12:26 PM
it s a bug. the support is aware of this.

If you use an environement with FG the SSS shader will not see it.
Basicly you have to create a sphere with your HDR image.

The indirect illumination button is not present in 5.1 ( again a bug ) and the indirrect illumination doesn't contribue to SSS effect like in 5.0
Again this is logged.

yolao
10-01-2006, 03:25 PM
it s a bug. the support is aware of this.

If you use an environement with FG the SSS shader will not see it.
Basicly you have to create a sphere with your HDR image.

The indirect illumination button is not present in 5.1 ( again a bug ) and the indirrect illumination doesn't contribue to SSS effect like in 5.0
Again this is logged.

thanks, it does work with an hdr image on a sphere, but how can i control the amount of light that the hdr image emite?....do i actually have to tweak the hdr image in other app?

thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2006, 03:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.