PDA

View Full Version : Holding last frame in Combustion

Rorschach
02-01-2003, 01:14 PM
When the footage on one of my layers ends, what is the easiest way to hold the last frame (ie the footage ends and the last frame is held on screen for a period of time or indefinitely)

Thanks

RR

sekhmet
02-01-2003, 03:39 PM
in the footage properties there is an "hold last frame option" you also have "loop" and stop if i can remember
so just go in the footage properties and it should do...

Rorschach
02-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Thanks. This seems to work if I'm focused on that layer, (is that what it's called? When you double click...) but when I look at my whole composite it defaults to dissapearing at the end of the footage...
any ideas?
I'm new to Combustion, so I expect it's something glaringly obvious...

GrantKay
02-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi,

When you expand your layer you see the "footage operator" for that layer. By clicking on the "output" and selecting "hold Last frame" will hold the last frame of the clip indefinately.

However, this applies to the footage and not the layer. What you need to do is go to your timeline in Overview mode. Click on the composite in the workspace panel. This means that all lyaers will be fully displayed in the timeline.

What you will have to do is find your layer in the timline and extend the outpoint of the layer so that it matches the duration of the composition.

Just a side note: If you expand your layer in the timeline you will note that the footage operator expands in-definately. The reason for having these values seperate is that you have complete control over the length of the footage but also indivual control over the duration of the layer. The Overview mode in the timeline is always the best way to analyze your duration of layers, effects and footage....

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK

Rorschach
02-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanks Grant, that's just the ticket.

:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.