PDA

View Full Version : RE inspired design of a monster...

Teyon
03-19-2002, 09:15 AM
Still shying away from doing color work again, I wanted to get your opinions on this sketch I made after seeing RE: The Movie. That one was good...reminded me of why I liked Resident Evil in the first place. So, let me have it...

http://home.att.net/~teyon.25/sketches/rancid2.jpg

Threedeemer
03-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Teyon, overall he is very dramatic, i like the idea and style but the legs look a bit stumpy was this intentional? Also why not make that creature hand more vicious looking maybe the whole arm could be warped rather than just the hand.

Teyon
03-19-2002, 05:02 PM
The stumpy legs were intentional, yes. The way I see it, he shuffles when he walks, kind of like a zombie except he's not dead. I agree about the arm being more dramatic looking...I'll see about changing it. Thanks.

zealotweb
03-19-2002, 11:13 PM
and the head looks like its hanging on a broken neck. Just kinda weird angle. But other than that very good sketch, and great shadow work. :)

Teyon
03-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Sorry, been away for awhile. Okay, looks like folks want to see it in 3D and colored too. I'll try fixing the problems mentioned and start a color piece as well as some new sketches of him.

cerreto
03-24-2002, 06:36 PM
hi teyon i like it but would like to see you make it more egagerated in terms of proportions the muscles are but what im talking abut is things like maybe make the soulders and forearms huge waist tiny etc any way great sketch !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.