PDA

View Full Version : Placement of eyes

FarDays
09-30-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on the placement and shape of the eyes within the head. I know the corner is placed above the wing of the nose, yet I have a tendency to draw the eyes (At least the upper lid) first and it tends to get a little silly.
Is there a way of judging the shape and how the shape curves around the head?

Thanks alot

NR43
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi FarDays

What works for me is to simplify the form of the head I want to draw into a sphere where the sides are sliced off a bit.
Adding a cross wher the horizontal line represents the eyebrow line and the vertical line is used as a guide for nose and mouth placement, will surely help determine the correct place of the facial features.

If this isn't making much sense, take a look here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3709499&postcount=34)where I was facing the same problems with respect to placing the facial features...

Hope it helps,

Edit:
forgot to mention that if you can get your hands on books from Andrew Loomis and Burne Hogarth, you should not hesitate :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.