PDA

View Full Version : Derry Painter Tutorials available in PDF Format

pixlart
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi:

I've recently re-designed my website (http://www.pixlart.com/main) and it now includes a download page with all of my online tutorials in PDF format, as well as a schedule of my upcoming workshops. I will be adding a variety of content over time, so be sure to check back occasionally!

Viva la Painter!

Terro
09-29-2006, 11:13 PM
About time John :) The new site looks super sexy and sleek. The old one looked like it wa designed on a Aple Tandy hehe. I'm serious , I could not find any of your newer art on it. I'm really glad you got this new Flash site going and that your galleries have been updated with new work. It looks really great. Thank you for all the resources through out the years.

pixlart
09-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey Greg:

Thanks for the good review! I woke up this morning with an html hangover, but your comments just made it go away!

Viva la Painter!

ThePhotographer
09-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks a lot, John.

I'll surely download them and have a look at your art at the same time ! :)

tomt
09-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Hi John,

I was going to second Greg's praise for your new sit, but ladies first, so I'll have to get behind Gitte and be number three. Great look and real clean, and of course great tutorials, especially as now they are in a high resolution PDFs.

Cris-Palomino
09-30-2006, 08:43 AM
This is great, John, thank you!

Viva el Derry!

Cris

frog
10-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Great! Thanks a lot John :D

Ego
10-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Merci, John.

ytresu
10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi pixlart, just take a look at your site: it's very interesting and full of goodies.
Thanks a lot to share your experience.
I'm a Photoshop user but I'd like to use Painter 9 for my paintings and I wonder about the rendering of pencil on paper that will be a real pencil when printed.
Any suggestion?

Mu
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi,

normally I deeply dislike Flash sites, but yours is very userfriendly and nice to use.

I did not know that you are such a terrific photographer! The opening photography(?) is just...well... kickass...:scream:

question: who is that nice funky background music by? I found myself having your site open in a tab while browsing other sites so I could continue listening to that. Very easy-listening, cool and clean.

you should add that info somewhere on your site. Or tell me right here...:D...:)

pixlart
10-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi Murat:

Thanks for the favorable comments on my re-designed website!

It is interesting how much of a love/hate division I've discovered with regard to music-enabled sites.

I've received an equal number of messages either telling me that the writer HATES music on a site—or that the writer likes the music enough to inquire as to who the artist is.

You just can't please everyone!

The cut is titled "Street Life". I purchased it from the Music Bakery. I wanted something that had a Spyro Gyra vibe. I thought this cut came pretty close!

Thanks again!

-john

Mu
10-12-2006, 05:21 PM
You just can't please everyone!

LOL, true...

...with regard to music on websites in general, all I need to calm me down is the toggle to switch it off if needed and that thing was there. If it upsets mroe people you could enlarge that so they discover it more quickly.

I totally forgot to add how cool it is that you saved all of the tuts to pdf. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the quick reply and keep on doing what you do. At least you pleased me - that is something, isn't it...:scream:

Rajaman
10-24-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm pretty new to Painter IX so this will be extreemly usefull for me. I've been working in Photoshop for so long and yet I feel I know so little. Never had the artist feel to it. I look forward to utilizing the tutorials. Thank you! :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2006, 02:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.