PDA

View Full Version : Direction in Plant Animation

Dteet
09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi,
Im wanting to simulate a stylized plant growing, growing fast, and then leaves and blossoms dramatically sprouting off giving the top part of the plant wieght and heaviness... Im trying to find out the best way to do this.. Wondering if anyone knows any programs or plugins that might already have a plant growing plugin that i could tweak. Other than that im guessing ill just basically loft most the stems to animate and try to make the leaves in layers, rendered separete to composite all together in After Effects... I could be over thinking the project a little, but thas why I post, hoping you guys will have some advice, thank all for your time. Have a good one.
-Tyler

Squash-n-Stretch
09-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, it would help if you would tell us what program you use.If you use 3D Max, use particles.

Dteet
09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
-Sorry bout that, preferably Max, but also comfortable with maya... I know Maya has its paint effects with plants and trees but not sure if I can animate them growing. Thanks.

Squash-n-Stretch
09-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah. Use particles then.

newellteapot
10-05-2006, 12:59 PM
there's a plugin for max called "grow", check it out

Dteet
10-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks alot Monica- .

Very helpful. Grow is a pretty cool/useful plugin.

-Tyler

newellteapot
10-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Glad you found it useful :)

It also make very cool stuff like "growing" buildings, a favourite for historical reconstructions in documentaries :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2006, 12:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.