PDA

View Full Version : Teapot blows away into dust particles

rebolt
09-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I am trying a new effect in max through particle flow in which the teapot blows away into dust particles and then vanishes. I done with the particle system but iam not getting how to give material to the pot so that it disappears when the particles starts emitting from them. Please guys help me.

Thanks

Glacierise
10-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Position a lot of particles on the teapot's surface, then map them by object, and give them the material of the teapot, and then blow them away. The teapots remains hidden all the time.

seedo
10-03-2006, 07:57 AM
check allan mcaye website, sorry allan if i misspell your name.

scrimski
10-03-2006, 08:54 AM
www.allanmckay.com

knight0013
10-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I've been having the same problem for a while now. I mapped the particles by object and assigned the material, but they do not resemble the original texture. For instance, I have a sandy brick texture applied, but the particles just look like brownish/sandy colored dots. They do not look like my brick pattern texture. I'm using 2,000,000 particles set to facing. I'm not using a teapot, but a custom shape.

Question: For the particles to look like my texture, could I project the texture onto them via the camera somehow? My camera is stationary. Would that fix my problem?

Thanks,
Knight0013

knight0013
10-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I've been having the same problem for a while now. I mapped the particles by object and assigned the material, but they do not resemble the original texture. For instance, I have a sandy brick texture applied, but the particles just look like brownish/sandy colored dots. They do not look like my brick pattern texture. I'm using 2,000,000 particles set to facing. I'm not using a teapot, but a custom shape.

Question: For the particles to look like my texture, could I project the texture onto them via the camera somehow? My camera is stationary. Would that fix my problem?

Thanks,

Knight0013

OlegB
10-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Are you using demo or commercial version of Box#1 ?

Thanks,
Oleg B.

rebolt
10-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Yeah i also wanted to know howcome we can map or object's texture onto the dispersing particles so that it can also intake light's shadows and look exactly as a part of object. Is there any script for that process ? Iam using particle flow for this effect.

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2006, 06:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.