PDA

View Full Version : Time arithmetics problem

Sparkle
09-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm having a problem in expresso right now, that is a real bummer. Right now I'm in a situation where I have to time multiple animated Textures and I quickly wanted to setup an xpresso node to take care of the in and out points.
The mathematical opreations involved in this are rather simple for I only need a beginning, an end, an offset and an index for the texture in order to calculate the times needed.
The tricky part is to actually do this in xpresso. I decided to skip all the wiering and just crate a coffee node to do all the calculations. It seems however that simple adds and multiplys dont work with time values and I constantly got weird numbers (or errors) that I coldn't figure out at all. The only thing I understood, is that times are not handled as numbers but as some type of more complex object, that obviously needs more complicated ways to be manipulated.
Is there a way to calculate the frame numers and feed them directly back into the texture? In my opinion it has to involve some kind of frame to integer conversion and then the other way round.

Would be great if somebody could help me out here.
Greets,
Sparkle

tcastudios
09-29-2006, 03:17 PM
This sounds as something very similar to the RealTimeEditor coffee set up done by AG over at C4D-Treff.de.

You can dload it at :
http://homepage.mac.com/tcastudios/index.html -> xfiles -> RTEv2 item015

While it works fine I have encountered memory (leek?) problems running many different
pictseries at the same time.

What you have in there is a way to get frames from time (Set manually)

To get it "automatically" you can:

var framerate = doc->GetFps();
var frame = doc->GetTime()->GetFrame(framerate);

Cheers
Lennart

Sparkle
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks, I'll check that out. Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but I was so under stress, that I forgot all about posting.
This might come in handy some other time, though.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.