PDA

View Full Version : iPod Modeling

Bmoner
09-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to model an iPod? Preferably the big line of iPods. I'm supposed to build one for a project, but I don't own one and have no idea where to even begin with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Brandon.

Dmaxer
09-29-2006, 05:55 PM
I made an Ipod mini some time back, its a very simple shape so you should be ok , theres loads of pics on the net you can use to help you .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Dannymax/ipod5.jpg

Bmoner
09-29-2006, 05:58 PM
I made an Ipod mini some time back, its a very simple shape so you should be ok , theres loads of pics on the net you can use to help you .

That is a very good model. Now tell me...your screen and click wheel are seperate shaders right? I wanted to make the iPod out of nurbs, but have no idea as to how to make a circular isoparm to indent for the click wheel.

Dmaxer
09-29-2006, 06:05 PM
yes the screen and click wheel are seperate shaders and seperate objects , I dont use nurbs at all so cant help you there , I made my ipod using Max 8 with ploys and used mentalRay for the rendering.

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2006, 06:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.