PDA

View Full Version : Realflow 3 and XSI on Windows XP 64

timur04
09-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Does anyone have Windows XP 64 and use Realflow with XSI.

I have both the 32 and the 64 bit XSI running on win xp 64 and the import mesh plugin does not seem to work. Anyone know a way around this?

I have got OBJ meshes to import but thatís not much help because its just a still model. Is there a way to import an OBJ animation sequence?

kimaldis
09-29-2006, 04:12 PM
You could check out their website but I think the odds are good that you'll end up whistling in the wind. We had to fight hard to get a 5.11 release, we tried for the Linux one but they couldn't figure that one out and we ended up working on 32 bit.

With the best will in the world, Realflow support is an embarassment.

kidult one
09-29-2006, 07:38 PM
sorry to hijack thread! but when i import on the 32bit version (got latest plugs from xsibase and am on rf 4) the mesh is broken / has gaps, holes inverted poly's - xsi issue or bad mesh?

Timur04 - we are looking at getting the mesh into another app that works and then export from there into xsi - but so far no luck:sad: (having issues with the point oven) pain with 64bit at the moment - but try sending them an email - i've gotten a reply everytime and they actually send some usual stuff every now and again.
Or U could try the particles and get a shader / metaballs (is it 64bit?) to make the mesh.

The lack of support from them is sad as it does make for a great addition to the old toolbox.

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2006, 07:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.