PDA

View Full Version : Retargeting probs

Netvudu
09-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok, so I want to get some motion capture into my 3d package, and decide to do it through Motion Builder so that I can tweak and edit this capture.

I manually characterize the initial skeleton because itīs a bvh file and it doesnīt follow the right naming conventions. Now it works, and I create the control rig.

Now I want to transfer that info to another control rig and when I load the animation, no matter the rig I want to transfer to, they all follow the spine and legs perfectly, but they fail to follow the arms and shoulders! They keep the arms straight...

I assume I made some mistake at the characterizing of my mocap rig because all the retargetings I tried fail the same way no matter the target character. But Iīve tried characterizing several times and still canīt find where my mistake is...any help, please?

softdistortion
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Try going into the character settings on your target and adjust (increase) the "Elbow Reach" and "Hand Reach T" settings.

You might also want to grab the BHV reference and scale it to match the scale of your target before you characterize the BHV.

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.