PDA

View Full Version : Cylon Low Poly

Willustrator
09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
This is my first attempt at a low poly character. It has 914 faces. Would love to hear any c&c.
Must really find myself some decent Low poly character tutorials. I hear so much terminology used when its being discussed and I havent a clue what people are on about

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1811/lowpolycylonva2.jpg

WesleyTack
09-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I think for a first low poly character you did very good already. Next character you should go up in the trianglecount a bit though imo, 900 triangles isn't much these days. Go more around the 4000 area.

Modeling wise i dont see anything really wrong with it, it's a nice clean mesh, the ancle area looks like you have two loops though? it's hard to see in the wireframe.. but that could be removed if so. But really thats about it. Proportions are nice in order. Also i notice that the knee joint from the side, it would work better if you rotated the leg 180, when the knee will bend now, i think they will clip, if you were to turn the underleg, so that the backside become the front side, they wont clip anymore.

Texturing wise it's also a very good start, a bit bland though and the arms/legs (cylinders) could use more highlighting, now they look flat form the sides, not round. All your edges could use a bit more detail, your texturing just stops, no end.

Also very important is the texturesheet, unwrap layout, could you post these aswell. Since thats a very important aspect in low poly modeling/texturing.

Keep up the good work!

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2006, 04:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.