PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Transparent Images - Importing PNG's into Flash

Shaded
02-01-2003, 03:32 AM
I am really having a hard time with this. I remember carrying out a successful import of a PNG file into flash a long time ago. The trouble is, I have no idea how to repeat the procedure with flash MX and Photoshop 7. I either cant seem to save the file WITH an alpha channel, or MX doesnt acknoledge the channel when I import.

I've scoured the 'net looking for help, and have come up with dismal results. Any help would be appreciated.

ienjoypie
02-02-2003, 05:58 PM
uhmm...i dunno if this is gonna answer your question but i *think* this is what ur wanting to know.

say you make like... a title in fireworks and you want the background transparent. Just go to the optimization panel in the top right, set it to PNG 8 and alpha transparency. Then go to file-->export and when you import it into flash it should be transparent. Just make sure you crop around ur image fairly close so you dont get any extra canvas on the export.

I dunno if this is what you wanted to know... but im just taking a stab at it.

Per-Anders
02-02-2003, 07:04 PM
ok a couple of things. firstly PNG alphas in photoshop mean that the canvas is actually transparent, not that you have an extra Alpha channel in teh chanels dialog. secondly when flash imports it tends to convert to a differetn file format (the default is a fairly poor quality jpeg) so you may need to go to teh library and change the format from jpeg to png or original and then the alpha should return once updated :) (also check your preferences).

Shaded
02-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Ahh, thanks a lot guys! That did help, and Im beaming great appreciation your way :)

Fiber
02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
ah, nice..
needed that info to.. great!!
thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.