PDA

View Full Version : An electrical Problem

jimiman
09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Greeting to all:) I'm new to the forum, i hope i'm posting this in the right place.

Im a 3rd year computer animation studend, and i havnt had a lot of experience with 3D modeling and texturing due to the fact iv had to concentrateon the other course stuff so much. 3D Modeling is where i wanna develope my skill tho. But to my problem,

Basicaly i need to start planning my short animation for my degree. I have a few gd ideas, my fvourite of which i have no idea how to go about doing. I wont go into the whole thing right now but basically i want to create a simple, human form character who seems to be made of electricity.

The only way i can think of properly describing it is an electric version of the human torch from the Fantastic Four.

Can anyone help me create such an effect. I have a lot riding on this project and any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/jamieuk3/sig1.gif

cyphyr
09-27-2006, 11:25 PM
How you do this will depend largely on how you character presents itself in the story/animation. In any case you'll need to model your character (there are many tutorials out there about how to do this) or get a pre made one off the shelf. If its close up you may need to model at least some of the electric effects into the body. If the charatcer is always away from the camera then it can all be done through a texture map. Procedural textures can be you friend here but referance lots of lightning/electric arc photos to get some ideas on how you want your electricty to move. Good Luck with your project
cyphyr

TrueArt Support
09-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Electricity?
Watch this video
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/electric_CD.mov

and read this thread..
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4806&page=1&pp=15&highlight=neon

Hope this help you.. :)

jimiman
09-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Yea those are great, thanks for the advice guys. I'm starting to form ideas in my head about how im gonna go about doing this.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2006, 09:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.