PDA

View Full Version : HALO WARS - Ensemble RTS on XBOX 360 - Blur trailer too!

bentllama
09-27-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.halowars.com/trailer.html (http://www.halowars.com/trailer.html)

HALO WARS!

Good job on the trailer Blur...adn good job on console RTS gameplay Ensemble!

I can't wait to play the final version!

bentllama
09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=bungieatx06

more info here...peter jackson starts up and interactive stuido too!

RobertoOrtiz
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Ok and a big one

Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh to make new Halo game, original IP

Quote:
"Microsoft has confirmed that the Academy Award-winning duo Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) are set to create two "new interactive series" for Xbox 360 and XBLA. The first is a "collaborative effort with Bungie Studios to co-create the next great chapter in the Halo universe.""

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/27/peter-jackson-and-fran-walsh-to-make-new-halo-game-original-ip/

-R

rblitz7
09-27-2006, 08:29 PM
*downloading now* Damn my slow connection!!:banghead: I always knew halo would make a perfect RTS.

KolbyJukes
09-27-2006, 08:35 PM
nice work blur!

Chome
09-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I always knew halo would make a perfect RTS.

Halo was originally a RTS for the PC before it switched to TPS than finally to FPS.

MrPositive
09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
My dreams have come true. Halo and Jackson together making games.

Still in my mind, nothing beats the Halo First Person Shooter experience.

Edit: Oh my goodness that trailer is filthy, sick, mindblowing, awesome, gorgeous, and so on and so forth.....it feels like Blur, tastes like Blur, must be Blur or does Bungie do there own trailers? I'm not sure anybody puts as much TLC in there games right now as Bungie. I even liked the books.....wow I'm a fanboy hahaha

Yep Battlefield is much anticipated as well.

thoughtlesswhisper
09-27-2006, 09:02 PM
My dreams have come true. Halo and Jackson together making games.

Still in my mind, nothing beats the Halo First Person Shooter experience.

if youre talking multiplayer then wait till u play bf2142 :)

leuey
09-27-2006, 09:03 PM
is that supposed to be the Predator monster's brother or something? I mean - how close can you get..

-G

Kaostick
09-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Halo was originally a RTS for the PC before it switched to TPS than finally to FPS.

Care to elaborate on this a little? I always thought Halo started out as an XBox killer app.. :shrug:

rblitz7
09-27-2006, 09:17 PM
is that supposed to be the Predator monster's brother or something? I mean - how close can you get..

-G
LOL, no thats an elite. Have you ever played halo?...anyway, the trailer was awesome! Loved the mood, colors, animation, modeling...I just loved everything. Great job Blur!:thumbsup:

Grayscale
09-27-2006, 09:25 PM
YES! I want War... GIVE ME WAR! This looks amazing. Top notch stuff Blur, as usual.

Chome
09-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Care to elaborate on this a little? I always thought Halo started out as an XBox killer app.. :shrug:

There is a video that once floated around the internet that had bungie employees showing test builds of Halo and they showed the first build to the near final Halo 1 build. First build was RTS than they went to build that was a third person view than finally to first person.

Bungie was making the game for the PC a while before microsoft came and bought them and moved the studio from chicago to seattle. Halo was first shown at MacWorld to the public and made many PC/Computer Game magazine covers.

If you google it you might be able to find the video.

Jadetiger
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I think I wet myself a little, I'm that excited. Now I have to go buy a freaking 360... ><
I'm taking up a Jadetiger 360 collection if your interested. It's for a good cause. :D

slime
09-27-2006, 09:46 PM
The cinematic kicks ass and has that cool Wilson's team look!
Great work :thumbsup:

RuinedMessiah
09-27-2006, 09:53 PM
On one side, I can imagine Halo being a great RTS. In fact, I'd find myself liking Halo in that wrapping rather than merely playing it because I want to do an FPS and I've finally managed to burn myself out on Tribes 3.

On the other side of things, this is but one of several different new Halo games in new genres....

Dance Halo Revolution?
HaloHaloHalodise?
Halo Volleyball Adventure?
Super Halo Fighter?
Halo Puzzle Battle?

And let's not forget the ultimate conclusion that I expect to ACTUALLY come about. The Halo tactical third person shooter.

Shaderhacker
09-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Very nice trailer Blur (as usual)!

:thumbsup:

-M

Fonix
09-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow excellent trailer! But damn it whyd it have to be on 360, I've never seena good RTS on console, sigh damn you MS and your selling schemes!, i bet PC version gonna require vista anyway, sigh....

dARCKLOWN
09-28-2006, 03:18 AM
lol rts on consoles

nice trailer though

EpShot
09-28-2006, 03:19 AM
i would just like to point out that there is WAY more detail to that drop ship than you see:hmm::p

MrPositive
09-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Why is everyone so down on RTS's for console? I thought the XBox 360 was to be as powerful as the average computer.

heavyness
09-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Why is everyone so down on RTS's for console? I thought the XBox 360 was to be as powerful as the average computer.

it's not that, its the fact people like there keyboard/mouse for RTS. although, i've heard nothing but good stuff on the control scheme for Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth II on the Xbox 360.

Seasoned PC players may scoff at the notion of juggling the action in an RTS with a controller, but after a really minor bit of adaptation, we expect they'll find the 360 controller a pretty comfy fit [link (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/battleformiddleearth2/news.html?sid=6146351)]

not the biggest RTS fan, but Halo would make one hell of a RTS. awesome video Blur!

leuey
09-28-2006, 04:56 AM
I just watched it again and liked it a lot better the second time around - the detail on the soldiers uniforms/armor is amazing. And whoever handled the mocap data did a fantastic job on the shot where the soldier was crawling towards the camera and quickly spun around on his back. Very cool.

(I still think the enemies look like the Predator's cousins from across the river..)

-Greg

EnlightenedPixel
09-28-2006, 04:59 AM
*downloading* ...
wait, what? An RTS? Nonononononono, Halo needs to be 1 vs many FPS style. Whats this jibba jabba? I know the original development videos of halo show it being RTS Looking, but, I thought that was part of the whole developement setup.

This just wont do.

Fonix
09-28-2006, 05:17 AM
*downloading* ...
wait, what? An RTS? Nonononononono, Halo needs to be 1 vs many FPS style. Whats this jibba jabba? I know the original development videos of halo show it being RTS Looking, but, I thought that was part of the whole developement setup.

This just wont do.

Calm down there still making Halo 3 AFAIK this is a different game.

Ghostscape
09-28-2006, 05:17 AM
So does this mean that the Command and Conquer: Generals Halo Mod is going to be cease and desisted out of existence?

Rick Flowers
09-28-2006, 06:11 AM
This game will be half as good as AOE3. And that means it will be half as good as good, which isn't good at all, which is bad.

TheLostVertex
09-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Very nice trailer. I enjoyed Halo(the first one) and love RTS's, so hopefully this turns out to be a killer game. A Dawn of War feel would be nice, but we will see when gameplay footage is released.

-Steven

Icarus
09-28-2006, 06:31 AM
This game will be half as good as AOE3. And that means it will be half as good as good, which isn't good at all, which is bad.

knew there would be a troll around sometime soon :)

Good work blur!

Rikof
09-28-2006, 09:41 AM

Uhm, Halo was first a RTS on the Mac, before Bungie sold out to MS.

Geta-Ve
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
i would just like to point out that there is WAY more detail to that drop ship than you see:hmm::p

I wish I could see that :( Great work to you and the rest of the team! Though I thought the end was a bit anti climatic, I like how he says "if you want war we will give you war" but he should like cock his gun or something. just for that extra oomph.

well at least in my opinion haha! Though perhaps I am too hollywoodized?

Squash-n-Stretch
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
knew there would be a troll around sometime soon :)

Troll's don't think that logically ;)

Good work blur; can't wait to go up against some Hunters!!!

I'm gonna have to buy a X-Box 360...:S

bentllama
09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
omg you may be surprised at how well this game plays.

RTS aint just for PC's anymore.

BlackNull
09-28-2006, 07:50 PM
amazing...wow, so inspiring..blur strikes again :cool:

pierre

Auctane
09-28-2006, 08:02 PM
If you insist, I'll check it out. I am welcoming the supprise, but I have to say I would be amazed to see someone come up with a GUI and scheme to make a contorler on a console hold their gound against a KB Mouse on a PC in an RTS environment.

I think it is cool to see the Halo "Universe" is branching out in different directions. Like Ghostscape I am wontering what happened to Halogen (The CC:Generals Mod)?

Shrink
09-29-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm so intrigued by how this game will play. I'm struggling to imagine it, but I trust Ensemble Studios to have cracked it somehow.

malcolmTG
09-29-2006, 02:22 AM
despite the quick turn around on this project im definitely proud of the work done here to get that trailer made. and hell yea, i got to rig all sorts of halo stuff like a spartan and an elite. how many people can say that? haha. congrats to everyone that worked on it, and i look forward to seeing the actual game when it comes out.

sidenote: i can vouch for the high detail level on zack's dropship. even if you only see about a 4th of it on screen. haha.

TheLostVertex
09-29-2006, 08:17 AM
omg you may be surprised at how well this game plays.

RTS aint just for PC's anymore.

This is great to here. I am a huge RTS fan both PC and consol(hey, comand and conquer on playstation wasnt bad :P) And its nice that some one is trying to expand the type of games for the 360. Starcraft 2 would be nice, but a Halo RTS still has terrain, protoss and zerg :scream:

I hope that details dont stay too quiet for for very long.

-Steven

Gibbz
09-29-2006, 08:53 AM
yes halo was looking like an awsome RTS till microsoft turned it into a crappy console shooter :|

MrPositive
09-29-2006, 10:03 AM
yes halo was looking like an awsome RTS till microsoft turned it into a crappy console shooter :|

You mean this crappy console shooter?
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo/awards.htm
or this one?
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo2/awards.htm

Tenacious
09-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I think he was refering to the first one.

alexichabane
09-29-2006, 01:43 PM
It's hard to think of a better first person shooter then halo and halo 2. The only thing wrong with the series has been thier lame cinematics (with in-game models and poping textures). I've always wished the games had amazing cinematics like this one, which is on par with those of warcraft and warhammer.

RuinedMessiah
09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Halo may not be for everyone though. Granted, it sucks to just call something crappy but I, for one, didn't care much for the Halo series. As I stated earlier, most of the time I spent playing it was just because I wanted to see what all the hype was about or I had burned myself out on other series, like Timesplitters.

malcolmTG
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
It's hard to think of a better first person shooter then halo and halo 2. The only thing wrong with the series has been thier lame cinematics (with in-game models and poping textures). I've always wished the games had amazing cinematics like this one, which is on par with those of warcraft and warhammer.

yea, i remember beating halo 2 and seeing some pretty unpolished animation in the cut scenes as youre beating it. i think it was like cortana at the end and her animation almost looked like someone just slid a world node along the ground. granted i know if youre doing everything for a game, something has to drop with approaching deadlines and everything so i cant be that mad cause the game was good enough to keep me playing to the end. and the multiplayer still rocks. but i still never got why the characters/enviroments popped onto screen for every cut scene. i assume it was a technical issue, but it happened so much it looked like an artisttic choice. always wondered about that.

but hopefully after the coolness of halo wars teaser, bungie will outsource some cinematics to blur. i'd love to work on the actual master chief. and then my lordage over other nerds would be complete.

ringzero
09-29-2006, 11:32 PM

-G

You can get THAT close it seems -

it ok for HALO to rip it off I mean its not like its a film or anything...? oh hold on....;)

malcolmTG
09-29-2006, 11:38 PM
the elite has the same 4 pieces to a mandible thing that the predator has, but thats the only blatant simularity. the predator has a grittier look and the crazy dreads. the elite on the other hand have a more techy armor look. granted they are both aliens, so they both have to be sorta lizardy in nature. haha.

amckay
09-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Malcolm!

Yeah Halo had a quick turnaround, killed ourselves getting it done but looks great - got to see it last night on the big screen which was even cooler.

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2006, 06:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.