PDA

View Full Version : A litte mechanical modeling

JoeW
02-01-2003, 12:44 AM
A little bike I started a while back - then just tinkered with now and then - and finally finished it. Not completely happy with everything (damn, I HATE the way AM handles bump maps) - but I thought it would be something to show those who don't think you can do mechanical models in AM.... (36K patches, 99% procedural textures, treads are completely modeled (booleans), chain is completely modeled)

JoeW

A bigger version can be seen at:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/users/joewllms/Samples/HunterMax_FinalSmall.jpg

Natess44
02-01-2003, 12:52 AM
That must of taken a while to render but it's awsome.

My Fault
02-01-2003, 12:58 AM
Tire texture is a little funky but outside of that...SWEET!!! :thumbsup:

I love all the carbon fiber. Now you just need to pose Hunter provocatively on the bike :p

JoeW
02-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by My Fault
Tire texture is a little funky but outside of that...SWEET!!! :thumbsup:

I love all the carbon fiber. Now you just need to pose Hunter provocatively on the bike :p

Thanks, guys - yeah, I agree on the tire texture. I'm going to try something different tonight - see if I can get that mapping to behave.. frustrating.

Hmmm... either I'll pose Hunter, or, a biker chick... hmmmm.....

Joe W

Natess44
02-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Your one of the people that worked on rampage eh? I was just browsing though the hash users site.

JTalbotski
02-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Gorgeous model! Vrrrooooommm!

PJC
02-01-2003, 06:02 AM
Nice!

The way Bump Maps (and Displacements too I believe) are being handled is whacko, but I know it's on the list to implement a change in v10. What version was this rendered in?

Once again, very nice work!

- PJC

koon69
02-01-2003, 05:22 PM
They have to fix bump maps in 10 to? What kind of laundry list they have to have for fixing so much stuff! What does it say about Hash when they post 2 revisions in less than 2 weeks!

My Fault
02-01-2003, 05:38 PM
They post new revisions pretty much every Friday. I think since this is pretty much a total rewrite they are still adding things in so this isn't out of the ordinary for them.

koon69
02-01-2003, 05:56 PM
But wouldnt it better for them to hold a revision to where they feel most of the bugs have been fixed? Kinda crappy that we have to download a update weekly? Why not fix it and we download a single file in 6 motnhs?

My Fault
02-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Then people would complain about bugs not being fixed right now and that they can't wait 6 months. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

BTW, I'm not going to comment anymore on this here in this thread. Not because I don't want to but I hate taking away from Joe's thread and his magnificent modeling. He's got da mad skillz and he's crazy enough to use them ;)

Maybe we can run this over to one of the other Hash problem threads.

koon69
02-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Know what I would like to see - the amazing JoeW showing us how the hehll he made this bike! I have tried mech in AM. Very hard for me. But then I am thick sometimes. What is the best way to approach mech modeling?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.