PDA

View Full Version : hey fellas, intro yourself

blankslatejoe
01-31-2003, 11:07 PM
Hey guys
I just started vulturing the PS forum recently, and im noticing a lot of the same characters frequent this part of CGtalk... Most everyone here in the PS forum seems really cool and polite, and very helpful, so I figured this thread would serve as a good way to introduce ourselves.

Me
=============================
My names Joe, im a junior at Virginia Commonwealth University studying Communication arts/Digital Imaging. I've been working with Photoshop since version 2 or so, back in the mid 90's.

I also dig movies and hiking.
============================================

DannyB
02-01-2003, 12:47 AM
I'm a freelancer, background in graphic design but trying to cut into 3d hence coming to this forum.

I'm pleased there is a photoshop forum as out of all the packages on CGTALK its one I actually have some expertise in.

Saw some really nice intro titles for the Movie 'catch me if you can' retro feel with some nice subtle 3d touches, very smooth.

dg
02-01-2003, 08:23 AM
Hi

I'm a dcc, I have been working with multimedia, web, vfx, compositing and some editing skills for bout 7 years now.
Trying to enter the 3D world for the second time, since my first one was just for playing using 3D Studio Max 2.
I have my focus on video with soft touches of 3D and a lot of compositing.

Nice to meet you all,
See Ya!

feo
02-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Hello, I am Feo.
I started with the first version of PhotoShop for Windows about 10 years ago. I do freelance game related 3d and 2d work. I came to CG talk because I heard about its LW forum, but was very pleasantly surprised to see a PS section (actually I haven't even gone into the LW section, I've been hooked reading all the old messages about PS --I am HUGE PS fan).
My area of expertise is on using Photoshop for texturing and image post processing at screen resolutions (I haven't really done that much print related stuff)
I was out of the GFX industry for a few years while I was following the .com gold rush, that now being over (the .bomb), it let me go back to my original passion (gfx). It is amazing the quality of the work from the guys here, and how they are willing to share their knowledge and give constructive critism.
I hope I am able to contribute too on a regular bassis.
Feo.

tchook
02-01-2003, 04:05 PM
like blankslatejoe says ps forum guys are very helpfull and polite

i m a matte painter for now 5 years in a company in france
(mikrosimage) i also composite my matte for ads or motion picture

i play with ps since version 3 so i m kind of a benjamin here...hihi

i m still working with ps 5.5 cause i hate ps 6 (the change of blending mode was a trahison(yes yes ) for me )
and i m trying ps7 when i m able to get a os x system

i m interesting in motion picture, special effect and im a big gamer addict ( my girl friend is mad about it)

cool thread
lets have a beer sometime

tazmanian
02-01-2003, 04:17 PM
hi im nimal.... 21 yrs....working in a TV Station
started ps in 1997 ver 5
i using ps for sit designing and textures for my animations and phot editing.

KotsVlok
02-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Name: Robin
Education: Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam (damn, it rocks)
Next year i'm going to a higher uhm..level in my school and then i get to learn 3dMax...ow yeah, i'm excited about that.

Why i'm in this PS forum?

Cuz i love to photoshop, i like to just mess a bit around with the tools and functions.
The effects you sometimes get are simply stunning :)
I'm learning photoshop quite good, i also get lessons about it at school.
But those lessons suck, it's all that kinda thing a 5 year old could do (cutting,pasting,blurring,beveling :annoyed: and more)

Why I entered CG talk?

Cuz i just love seeing other ppl's work and give them compliments and/or c&c about it.
And ofcourse to show once a while some n00b sh#t of myself :annoyed:

I just love hanging around with pro's like most of the ppl here, i like it when someon gives me a very long reply over something i made that is totally wrong in all ways.
That's one way to get my skills up about design :)

Hope you got 'nuf info, if not..just ask :wavey:

illuxon
02-03-2003, 06:07 PM
hi i'm Tamseel Alvi from Pakistan, i'm a business school student and graphics art is just a hobby. i have just recently found this part of cg talk mainly coz i was looking around for it. i dont know how to paint in phothsop and want to learn how to do that so that i can paint some nice textures for my 3d models. just like leigh. i hope u know her, she is the texturing goddess down at the texturing forum.

Tamseel Alvi

blankslatejoe
02-03-2003, 06:44 PM
haha, very few people do NOT know of the texturing goddes.... :) shes so cool!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.